What's new

Turbo Nozzles on Washworld/Laser?

Etowah

Easy Clean

4+1 Owner/Operator
Reaction score
Does anyone here use turbo nozzles on their Washworld or Laser washes? The guy down the road from me has them on his Mark V and likes them. I used one a while back while pressure washing my driveway, and the turbo nozzle cleaned circles around the regular nozzle.

galen

Reaction score
I know what your saying EC. I like them too. But from my point of view, I don't think there is enough pressure on the arch to power them on just one port.

sonicsoft

Reaction score
EASY

Do you have or use reclaim?

Just know that the Turbo nozzle uses a little piece of ceramic that spins in the coin, which creates the spinning stream. If you have reclaim or hardwater it will get clogged on a regular basis.

lag

Reaction score
Yes we used them on a laser. We installed turbos on all nozzle holes. We also tried using just a few up and down the arms. ran it 2 months or so.

On the positive it did alot better job of cleaning road film.

On the negitve side ,it was almost impossible to get a good coverage of soap ,without cranking up the air. you could do it ,but foaming wax and rain-x was impossible. Only the 4.5 gpm ,and lower sized turbos would spin.

Unless you run a high pressure spot free (175 psi,or higher) the turbos would not spin.

When HP rinse was going,sitting inside your car,it would sound like a freight train coming through. remember during this testing we loaded all the nozzle holes with turbos

if you ran at 1000 psi door seals,and sun roof seals would leak on some vechiles (alot of newer models) We did turn the Psi down to 700 ,on later testing.

The sheer pin only lasted for 150 -200 cars.

We finally took some paint off a plastic bumper of a 2 year old car, Paint on metel surfaces was Ok. At this time we pulled the turbos,because winter was approaching.

My conclusions right now is you may be able to make it work ,but would have to redesign the current nozzle confrig, so you didn't have to use so many nozzles,and wouldn't beat the car to death. We did not play much with the LP problems i discussed, But i think the could be worked out.

We shelved the project for now, but have not given up on the concept,and are working on some remadies to the above issuses.

I hope this information,helped. Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk about,this issue more. Lag

Easy Clean

4+1 Owner/Operator
Reaction score
Lag... WOW, your post was chock full of great information. Thank you very much!

I assume the turbos have a 0 degree opening (straght stream)? So for the spot free, if there is not enough pressure, all you get is a bunch of straight streams with no fan? And on the foaming presoak you would probably stripe the vehicle with soap pretty good.

One possible advantage I can think of would be operating at a lower pressure (with less water consumption) and getting the same or better cleaning results. However, using a turbo nozzle at home, I have noticed swirls on the object being cleaned produced by the action of the nozzle iteself. I would imagine the same thing could happen to a car's surface.

Thanks again Lag, let us know of any breakthroughs!

Sonicsoft, I do not use reclaim and I do use soft water. I can see how reclaim water could cause problems.

Sammy

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Spraying systems makes a "turbo" nozzle that isn't a rotating zero degree. I believe it mimics a 20 degree pattern but offers more impingement than a 20 degree IMEG nozzle. I have no idea if or how this would work, but thought I would throw that in.

phred113

Reaction score
The Spraying Systems nozzle uses the Quanda (Kwanda?) effect to create the movement. It goes up and down instead of around and around. It is kinda cool, but I have not idea about cost or life. I believe there are few or no moving parts to wear out.

lag

Reaction score
Lag... WOW, your post was chock full of great information. Thank you very much!

I assume the turbos have a 0 degree opening (straght stream)? So for the spot free, if there is not enough pressure, all you get is a bunch of straight streams with no fan? And on the foaming presoak you would probably stripe the vehicle with soap pretty good.

One possible advantage I can think of would be operating at a lower pressure (with less water consumption) and getting the same or better cleaning results. However, using a turbo nozzle at home, I have noticed swirls on the object being cleaned produced by the action of the nozzle iteself. I would imagine the same thing could happen to a car's surface.

Sammy
Easy... your assume correctly ,all we were able to get with low pressure was streaming.
Also , i forgot to add that i did have swirl marks ,with real high pressure ,on my truck. At lower pressures swirling was not a problem.

I will keep you up to date ,we will be trying agian after winter.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Never really looked at the workings of a laser, so none of this may make sense: Could you build a chemical delivery system out of lightweight material (poly/PVC) and fasten it to the arm? Then, tie into the PS output circuit somewhere and shuttle the presoak solution to the dedicated delivery system? You could then try any nozzles you wanted to on the high pressure.