What's new

Turbo nozzles from hydra spray damage

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
So I cranked up the psi to about 800 ish to help clean the really dirty cars. and all was fine for several months until I got a call on a Honda pilot customer said my wash damaged her car. Turns out just the door molding that runs parallel to ground was damaged which appeared to be from the nozzles based on the pattern of damage. It looks as if the water pushed in/ over the plastic! I'm assuming that the plastic they used was inferior or was after market, either way I'm going back to 600 ish.

scarwash

Reaction score
So I cranked up the psi to about 800 ish to help clean the really dirty cars. and all was fine for several months until I got a call on a Honda pilot customer said my wash damaged her car. Turns out just the door molding that runs parallel to ground was damaged which appeared to be from the nozzles based on the pattern of damage. It looks as if the water pushed in/ over the plastic! I'm assuming that the plastic they used was inferior or was after market, either way I'm going back to 600 ish.
I run mine at 700 - 750PSI... never had an issue. I was previously running 800 - 850 and I took some paint off the bottom of a door.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I run all our machines at 800 -900 psiwith hydra flex nozzles and have had a couple of issues with lacquer flaking and paint coming off. However after inspecting every vehicle, I always found the paint was re-sprayed badly. I spoke with Ford's paintwork testing centre in the UK who said paintwork is q.c tested at 2,800 psi. So 800 -900 psi is well within the safe limits!