What's new

Tunnel closed IBA $ up

wyatt

Reaction score
Most of the tunnels in my area are open but at one of my washes the closest tunnel is a Mister car wash and they are closed. I noticed this week that my IBA sales increased by 300% of normal (ss sales remained unchanged).

My first thought was people want to use the IBA because they don't have to touch very much and can limit their possible exposure to Cornona. However, my other IBAs have not increased in sales so far and their closest tunnels are still open.

I never realized how much competition a tunnel can be. Has anyone else experienced this?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Successful tunnels measure their success by the number of hundreds of cars they can do everyday. You would see a noticeable bump even if you got 5% of their customers to come by.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Yep. I had a full service 3 miles from me close down temporarily last year while they re-fitted with new equipment. Same experiences as you.

dgunderson

Reaction score
Many of the tunnels in my area are shut down. I have remote access to eight IBA washes and am tracking their wash numbers. Some are doing better than others but all of them have significantly increased sales in the past two months

soapy

Reaction score
I have 2 more tunnels being built in my area right now. That will give us 8 tunnels in a town of 60K. I was reading about the latest one being built and some of the comments people have been leaving. One person was surprised that there was this much METH in our town, a reference to Breaking Bad.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have 2 more tunnels being built in my area right now. That will give us 8 tunnels in a town of 60K. I was reading about the latest one being built and some of the comments people have been leaving. One person was surprised that there was this much METH in our town, a reference to Breaking Bad.
How on Earth can 8 tunnels make it, w/ only 60k pop? Seems like a price war, then 3 may go broke...?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Wow. We have 2 tunnels but really the 2nd one is insignificant. I'd say the EE is 90% of the business between the two and they're right across the street from each other. We have 150K

Ayerule

Reaction score
Well crap.

I've got two new tunnels been built right near me.
One is 1.2 miles away, the other is 2 miles and has the same name as me! (They added the word 'road.')
My customer line is blowing up with people looking for jobs for the new place.

The Pepto isn't enough.