What's new

Tubular Key Copies

vguard296

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on where to order a few copies of a tubular key? Mine fell off my ring and now I am currently using the spare. Really do not want to rekey all the boxes.

Key is numbered so hoping its not to difficult. Local locksmith only wanted to sell new locks. Tried searching online and seems like most everything is the locks themselves, not key copies.

MEP001

Reaction score
Whoever sold the locks should be able to make copies from the number. I have a device that can decode the key and can cut new ones, but it was about $100. The keys will cost about $3 apiece.

A lot of locksmiths can make copies too.

vguard296

Reaction score
Not sure on who installed, this was a second wash I took over. Ill try a different locksmith, the one I usually used just wanted to sell a site full of new locks.

Keno

Reaction score
Locksmith should be able to copy you a new key - take it to a locksmith shop. That being said, tubular locks are pretty much worthless and easy to pick with $30-40 picks, so hope you don't have them locking anything of value. Search youtube, can be picked within a couple seconds with the tool.

Edit: just saw the price has come down on ebay - $20 for a set of 3 tubular lock picks

MEP001

Reaction score
Locksmith should be able to copy you a new key - take it to a locksmith shop. That being said, tubular locks are pretty much worthless and easy to pick with $30-40 picks, so hope you don't have them locking anything of value. Search youtube, can be picked within a couple seconds with the tool.
Yup, the tool is very easy to use, requires no skill, and once it's set you lock it and you can make key copies off it.