What's new

tube foamers/mind of own

mikeexpress

Reaction score
:confused::confused::confused:good morning everyone
Im loosing what little hair i have left. I have a set of spaghetti type foamers and they will take turns on which side will work.The supply lines (air &product) run to the middle and tee of and go to both sides.I have adjusted the air and product up and down. usally the passenger side will work and spray good and drivers side just will spit at the car.I have cleaned the foamers out too and that was no help.Any suggestions ?

Chiefs

Reaction score
Do you have a pressure regulator on your air line. If you have simply an air solenoid, it will not give you the ability to fine tune your air. Without a pressure regulator, your air supply fluctuates and can be the root of this problem.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I have seen foamers put together many different ways, not sure how yours are, but I always stick with the following: on top of the foam stick is the foam generator followed by the inlets for chemical and air. A tee out of the foam generator on it side is connected to the top of the generator. On top of the tee is an elbow. The air is connected on top to the elbow and chemical is connected to the tee. The chemical inlet has a check valve on the tee and the air has a needle valve on the elbow. This setup saves chemical and can allow for fine adjustment on the air. If the air and chem are swithced, the air can overtake the chem and you wont get any foam.

Check yours and see if you have any bad check valves. Could you have a leak on the DS air line. Is the tubing clear enough to see if chem is reaching DS foam sticks. If you dont have needle valves on air lines on top of generators, get them. Major difference.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Are there Nylon scrubbie pads in the top of each tube / foam generator? If so they accumulate junk over time. You may ned to take them out anc lean them.

Simple chck. Pull lines of foam generator. Turn on and see if approximately equal volumes come out of supply lines. If so, something is clogget at the tubes themselves. As noted above clogged check valves at the tubes may be a culprit.

Check pressure settings. Only 10 - 20 PSI for air to start for air supply. If using an air operated pump set at 60 PSI and adjust from there. If using another system such as Dosatron or Dema injector air injector still 20 PSI max.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
Good point Earl, my RainX generators can get really nasty every few months. I tend to just replace the scrubbies as cheap as they are. Also if you have hard water, this can happen more frequently.

rwparks21

Reaction score
foamers

change out your foamer sticks. I had the same prolbems and change over to an airless foamer stick from lafferty's manufacturing in little rock arkansas. worked perfect and significantly reduced chemical usage

clean machine

Reaction score
you might look at the check valves if you have one on each of the air lines going into the foam chamber, one may not be cracking which causes the uneven flow of air. It could also be check valves on chemical, one is restricting the flow of chemical which makes it spit.

E.Joramo

Reaction score
check your water solenoid, pull it apart clean it and put it back together. I had the same problem and that solved my issues.
Erik

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Since your problem seems to switch sides, I would guess that your chemical supply tubing is too small, or the liquid pressure is set too low. If the line is too small, a small adjustment of an air needle valve on one side will cause more backpressure on the chemical tubing - causing most of the fluid to redirect out of the other foamer.