What's new

Trying to tweak a laserwash 4000 wash programming to get the best wash

sterlingh20

Reaction score
I been trying to tweak the programming of my laserwash 4000 to get the best possible wash while trying to reduce wash time and decrease chemical and water usage. What would you suggest I change with the current program?
The HP polysealant S is a clear coat and the drying agent is Lustra shield, on the top wash should lustra shield go before the clear coat sealant?

Wash 1 $5
Undercarriage: OFF
Soap type: disabled
Dryer: OFF
Wheel Cleaner: OFF
Bug prep: OFF
Rear bug pass: OFF
Cycle 1 Low press soap 2 (HI PH) Speed 4
Cycle 2 Soaking
Cycle 3 High pressure rinse Speed 1
Cycle 4 Spot free rinse Speed 4
Cycle 5 disabled
Cycle 6 disabled
Cycle 7 disabled
Cycle 8 disabled
Cycle 9 disabled

Wash 2 $6
Undercarriage: ON
Soap type: High pressure rinse
Dryer: OFF
Wheel Cleaner: OFF
Bug prep: ON
Cycle 1 Low press soap 2 (HI PH) Speed 4
Cycle 2 Soaking
Cycle 3 High pressure rinse Speed 1
Cycle 4 HP polysealant S Speed 7
Cycle 5 Spot free rinse Speed 4
Cycle 6 disabled
Cycle 7 disabled
Cycle 8 disabled
Cycle 9 disabled

Wash 3 $8
Dryer: ON
Wheel Cleaner: ON
Cycle 1 Low press soap (LOW PH) Speed 6
Cycle 2 Soaking
Cycle 3 Low pressure soap 2 (high PH) Speed 5
Cycle 4 Soaking
Cycle 5 High pressure rinse speed 1
Cycle 6 3X foaming wax rev speed 0
Cycle 7 HP polysealant S speed 7
Cycle 8 Spot free rinse speed 4
Cycle 9 disabled

Wash 4 $10
Dryer: ON
Wheel Cleaner: ON
Cycle 1 Low press soap (LOW PH) Speed 6
Cycle 2 Soaking
Cycle 3 Low pressure soap 2 (high PH) Speed 5
Cycle 4 Soaking
Cycle 5 High pressure rinse speed 1
Cycle 6 3X foaming wax rev speed 0
Cycle 7 HP drying agent S speed 7
Cycle 8 HP polysealant S speed 7
Cycle 9 Spot free rinse speed 4

Automatic options
Undercar spray timer 30 sec
Soaking time 20 sec
arch dump 4 sec
Hi pres delay timer 3 sec
Hi pres poly delay timer 3 sec
Low press delay timer 4
Tri color fill delay timer 6 sec
Tri color start delay timer 5 sec
Tri color blowdown timer 15 sec
width measure 3
length mesure 7
wheel cleaner align timer 48/64 sec
wheel cleaner application timer 2 sec

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Sterling20
you can get an option called watersaver for the 4000 that allows you the ablity to reduce water consumption on hp passes by around 60%, and is fully programmable in the lasermind controller.
Contact you local dist for details
or
give me a call at PDQ
Mike

MEP001

Reaction score
Our Vector (very similar to a Laser but with dual arms) was set up to Vector's specs and with the chemicals titrated to the blender's specs, but it didn't clean for squat. I tweaked things mainly by reducing the amount of water and air mixed with the presoak to get a stronger and less foamy coverage that wouldn't just blow away on a windy day.

When you try to gain speed, you sacrifice cleaning.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My experience has been that one can only tweak up the speed to a point on an IBA, then 2 things happen once you've gone too far (too fast a speed).

1. Wash quality goes down and customers notice.

2. Perceived value goes down and customers notice.

An IBA wash, especially touch free, takes time. It's not getting the prep work usually that conveyorized washes offer. There's nothing but hot, soapy water/waxes touching the car and dwell time is required. The speed of the wash dispensing presoaks affects dwell time as the travel turns to dwell as soon as the soap is on the finish. Customers, in my experience, understand why my IBA takes the time it does. Is a wash better because it is faster, even if the speed makes the wash quality poor? I don't think so.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Hey Waxman
I run slow speed in winter to ad dwell time. Speeds 6 & 7 usually, then in warmer times 8 & 9. Under body blast is 15 seconds, I have 2 4000s & find them to be the easiest to work on & work with, they perform well. Good luck..

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I understand the longer a wash takes the more dwell time the wash gets but I choose to run my presaoks at full speed, 9. I did this years ago. It doesn't make sense to use more product to get more dwell. Just add to the "soaking" cycle instead. They still get a good show and a clean car.

joep

Reaction score
Your two lowest priced washes are putting more soap than the higher ones. I would speed the presoak passes on those two washes to 6 or 7.

joep

Reaction score
Sorry forgot one you are using quite a bit of water running the high press. at speed 1. I never go lower than 4, if you need these speeds to clean you may need to check your chems.

Rockstar

Reaction score
I have a Osias Typhoon and it's fast working machine with 47 nozzels going all at the same time,but if i start getting hard water into my pre-soak due to my water softener not working right, my cars look bad! You would think that all that pressure alone would clean the car,not a chance!! I have tryed other brands of pre-soak with the same result.I quess my point is check your water and check it often,soft water in your pre-soak is as important as the pre-soak you use. I now use Diamond Shine product with great customer support from Tim Akins he has helped me turn thinks around here!

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Hey Bud
What kind of chems do you use? We have alot of brine/salt conditions in Northern Michigan takes a little more dwell for me, perhaps there is a better 2 step.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
Wolfe, I use Stanharts (sp) Thunder and Lightning. Always have and probably always will. I say probably because I am always open to something that will save $$$ as long as I get the same results. I dwell at 25 sec in Spring thru Fall and 10 sec in the Winter. I will try to remember to run a config report tomorrow and post my speeds/cycles. I know I do not run anything slower than a 4 which is the HP rinse (from memory). Also I know my dryer speeds are 0 & 0 on the #1 wash and 0 & 3 on the #2 wash.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
I have been using Carlovers, it does a great job but I think I might be paying to much, also they tell me there will be a price increase. I am looking for change. Have you had injector troubles with Stanhardts? I did try some cheaper stuff once but started having trouble so I went to Carlovers and cured the problem.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
Wolfe, I believe "Car Lovers" is Stanhardts. What are the names of the hi & lo Ph presoaks. My drums have Car Lovers on them. It hasn't been that long ago they changed the label but they still have "Thunder" on the hi ph and "Lightning" on the lo ph with the Car Lovers label. Look closely at the labels and see if you can find the manufacturer.The costs are quite high but unless they jump too much I am staying.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Bud
I am using Impact 180IF #350-019 & Liquid Friction Exterme Thunder #350-008 still kinda pricey.