What's new

Trying to figure out Procon pump model for Futura Self Serve spot free rinse delivery

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Futura spot free system at one of my washes and the Procon deliver pump just died. Futura is no longer in business, and I cant find a model number on the pump, and there seem to be quite a few different models. It's a stainless bolt on style with 1/2 npt ports. I was hoping one of you guys might have replaced one or has a futura parts list.... Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John

Jack's

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have an Operating Manual for a Futura Spot Free System. Newbie here and it doesn't seem to be working and I would like to understand the system to repair it and get it working properly. Thanks in avdance.

Randy

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Futura spot free system at one of my washes and the Procon deliver pump just died. Futura is no longer in business, and I cant find a model number on the pump, and there seem to be quite a few different models. It's a stainless bolt on style with 1/2 npt ports. I was hoping one of you guys might have replaced one or has a futura parts list.... Any leads would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, John
I’ve never seen a Procon pump that didn’t have a model number on it somewhere, years ago they acid etched the model number on the pump. A few years ago Procon changed the way the way they number there pumps, more numbers now. At that convention I was also talking to a Procon pump representative from Standex corp., it was the only time I ever saw a Procon pump rep at a convention and he told me that it was a waste to use the Stainless pump, because the internals wear ring inside the pump is Stainless steel on all there pumps.

Randy

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have an Operating Manual for a Futura Spot Free System. Newbie here and it doesn't seem to be working and I would like to understand the system to repair it and get it working properly. Thanks in avdance.
It might be time to think about replacing the system. From what I can find out Specialty car wash equipment went out of business about 20 years ago. I remember going to there facility/plant in 1995 to the yearly distributor meeting, I could see the handwriting on the wall then.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Randy & others,

I was in Mpls for a CLA event back in 201l & I actually stopped by & visited with Sheldon Russell. It clearly showed that they had scaled way back but they were still some workers & some service in the large facility over 50,000 sq foot facility/plant that they had. Back in 1987 ... when I bought their most advanced 6 bay coin op self service package brand new ... they were pretty impressive in most visitors' eyes. I still have some of their pretty well put together catalogs. I know they had representatives based all over the country ... not sure ... it seems like some Ohio??? outfit took over their support ... I forget their name but maybe they are still around providing some support??? Possibly the right kind of search on this forum might yield their name depending on when some old posts were lost on the forum's server?

When I visited by invite from a John Coleman Exec forum member to John Coleman manufacturing facility/plant in Houston ... I was more impressed though ... than what I ever saw at Specialty.

cebo

Reaction score
I still have my Specialty system. It had a gould pump that went out a couple of years ago (18 yrs old). I replaced it with a dayton booster pump from grainger. My SSA I've pulled out now had direct drive Hawk Plunger pump that never failed in 14 years. You should be able to find a procon replacement pretty easy. Should have a number stamped on it.