What's new

trying to buy something thru carwash consignment

portski

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Haven't been around in a while.
Anyone ever tried to use that carwash consignment website? Just looking around and happened to notice a piece of equipment someone selling on there and tried to contact the seller...is that place for real? nothing seems to work on there?

Sorry Bill if I just broke a few rules haven't been on in a while?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
No rules broke.

I haven't been over there in a long time, Kevin Is a nice guy, but web sites might not be his strong point.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Good to see you back Jim. You probably will need to call him. I remember this very issue being discussed several years ago. I checked on an item once and he never replied until I mentioned it on the forum months later. I wanted a picture of the item that he had listed and never got it. In his defense, he told me the seller didn't send him one when the item was listed. Months later the item was still listed without a picture. He usually has a booth at the show, you gonna be there?

mac

Reaction score
While Kevin may or may not be a nice guy, when you do business and can not get regular everyday issues right, be careful of the rest.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried getting some info on a product and never got a response. I emailed the people responsible for the website and got nothing. Last I looked the product was still listed. I can't be bothered to go back :(

Etowah

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I've bought several items listed on Carwashconsignment.com with no problems. Usually I made an offer on an item and Kevin calls and negotiates with the seller. Worked for me.:)

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I emailed the site about an item once. The email I got back said the items had been sold a long time ago. Seems they don't update the website much or at least remove items that are no longer available. They probably like having a lot of inventory listed.

washnvac

Reaction score
I purchased a Con-Serv YS-3 slim reclaim from the site 5 years ago. I offered 1/2 of the asking price. A few days later the offer was accepted. CarWash Consignment arranged the shipping. I sent one check to them, and a couple of weeks later I had a reclaim. Althought the main pump housing was cracked because of a freeze up. (the unit was not drained when stored; and the crack was not visible). Even with the repair, I got a really good deal, and have saved a lot of $$$$$ on water & sewer costs. I have made low ball offers on two other items last year, but they were rejected. And guess what? They are still listed. I would call the phone number, instead of e-mail. They have always been there to answer the line.

captain cw

Reaction score
I've had good luck with Kevin and Allen, but like any used equipment or auto dealer, all things are negotiable and sometimes no longer available. Sometimes the sellers will sell without informing Kevin. Call and do your due diligence. Good deals can be had, if you do the homework and are willing to apply a little elbow grease.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I buy new parts from them all of the time. I'm sure a "middle man" arrangement is frustrating a lot of the time.

Etowah

portski

Reaction score
Hey guys yes goin to show will add that to my list to stop by.

I wouldn't mind just throwin an offer out there but just too many unknowns to do so

Decided last minute to go to show, I can just get a floor pass there if i remember correctly right? Its more about my wifes 40th in vegas than the show quite honestly the reason for the last minute decision.