What's new

Troubleshooting Push buttons on JC combo fragrance vac

Buzzie8

Reaction score
My one combo vac will not switch between fragrances when you push each button. It will stay on the initial fragrance only. I tried jumping the two leads and it shut the unit off and took the timer to 0.00. I still think the problem is in the push buttons because I know these have been problematic in the ECC panels that use the same exact push button. The part number on the push button is P3-30126 with a 0350 also on the part. I know JC will probably bang me over the head if I order from them. I have not been able to locate on KR website. I am not absolutely sure this is the problem but thought I would replace them and see what happened. I guess I could check voltage to the three solenoids as I push each button. Usually when you switch between fragrances it will stop, then beep and then start the new fragrance. Any help greatly appreciated.

vinh

Reaction score
I had this happen before. It was the 1043R timer that was the problem. Check the switch with a ohm meter. Also try resetting the vac, this will usually fix the problem.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Bussie8,

I would check the programming on the timer first, the push button only send signal to timer(push button either works or does not work)

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
It was a simple reset. I normally do this, you know, when in doubt reboot! What's funny is that I walked away after the fix and was thinking that I love it when it's a simple fix... only to walk up to my one auto bay and see the main boom arm hose spraying water all over the place. Three hours later I had that replaced. (If I ever get a hold of the JC engineer who designed the WW 1.0, I might need to choke him). You can't get a wrench on the hose unless you remove the cover and the manifold for all the other hoses. What should have been a half hour job took 3. Ho hum, so much for an easy day at the wash.