What's new

Tripping relay in super saver

MudbugCW

Reaction score
First post, in my super saver 4 bays i have a relay tripped. when plugged in nothing high pressure works. The relay is for the weepers and when slightly pulled out i can get the bays to work. I am very inexperienced so any tips or suggestions will help. Just need an idea where to start looking to diagnose the problem.TIA

MEP001

Reaction score
I'll bet the relay is for the low water shutoff. Anything that controls the weepers shouldn't affect the bay operation. Can you post a picture of the relay and a shot of the inside of the cabinet?

MudbugCW

Reaction score
I'll bet the relay is for the low water shutoff. Anything that controls the weepers shouldn't affect the bay operation. Can you post a picture of the relay and a shot of the inside of the cabinet?
I will first thing in the morning. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm almost certain that's the low-water relay. There's a small float switch in the bottom of the tank. If you disconnect the wires to it and short them directly together, the relay light should go out and everything will work. This one should work for replacement, if you run your water really hot there's a high-temp version.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
First post, in my super saver 4 bays i have a relay tripped. when plugged in nothing high pressure works. The relay is for the weepers and when slightly pulled out i can get the bays to work. I am very inexperienced so any tips or suggestions will help. Just need an idea where to start looking to diagnose the problem.TIA
Have you tried just replacing the relay, I have had the contacts too stick before.

MudbugCW

Reaction score
I'm almost certain that's the low-water relay. There's a small float switch in the bottom of the tank. If you disconnect the wires to it and short them directly together, the relay light should go out and everything will work. This one should work for replacement, if you run your water really hot there's a high-temp version.
It very well could be. Something is wrote on it all I could make out was a “w”. But I did slide in a new relay and same results. Next opportunity I will check the float. Never fails I fix one problem and another pops up. Hard a family man that works shift work.

MudbugCW

Reaction score
Finally got down there to play with it. Yes disconnected wires to the float. And it works, bad float it is. It’s a normally closed so I didn’t have to connect wires to trip it.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you find the exact replacement and install it and it still doesn't work, don't freak out, just flip the float around. It's either close on rise or open on rise depending on which way you have the float.

slash007

Reaction score
After years with no issues, I had 2 floats go bad on my super saver. Sorry I missed this thread, would have pointed you in that direction earlier. Easiest way to check if it happens again is to just disconnect the float in question and jump the wires to bypass it.