What's new

Triple Foam Problem

wyatt

Reaction score
I have what should be a simple problem but I can't figure it out...

The yellow in my triple foam always pulses the yellow flojet when not in use. I've replaced the flojet, solenoid, and fittings. There's no obvious leaks either that would cause it to lose pressure and pulse. What am I missing here? The unit is only 2 years old.

IMG_7580.jpeg

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Check for a solenoid leaking on the 4 outlet Dema manifold.

MEP001

Reaction score
I think you have several problems going on.

1, why is the tube for yellow product not yellow?

2, is anything leaking in the bay, and is it yellow?

3, I notice the air is unhooked from the yellow pump, were you just working on it?

4, when the pumps run, do they pump at about the same pace when called for?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Air line for yellow definitely not on all the way or Barb is not in. Could be bad pump. Swap with another and see if problem follows pump. Could be suction line drawing air?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
What CantBreak80 said. You have a leaky Dema Solenoid. You might also have a bad or stuck open Kip solenoid on yellow.....

MEP001

Reaction score
Air line for yellow definitely not on all the way or Barb is not in. Could be bad pump. Swap with another and see if problem follows pump. Could be suction line drawing air?
Yeah, the suction tube looks like there's no liquid in it.

wyatt

Reaction score
Update to all the questions/ideas:

-The air hose is purposely disconnected. (this keeps it from pulsing all the time) Red and Blue work no problem.
-How could it be a problem with the Dema solenoid? It would first have to go through the normally closed kip solenoid? Flojet pumps should only go if they lose pressure and the pressure would be from the kip solenoid.
-The inlet hose is empty on purpose while not in use.
-Not sure why the hose isn't yellow but in the bay it comes out yellow when hooked up.

Also to restate the original post, I already replaced the flojet, kip solenoid, and fittings for yellow.

MEP001

Reaction score
-The inlet hose is empty on purpose while not in use.
That makes no sense. The pump is dead-headed, which means the only time it pumps is when the solenoids on the outlet is open. In this case (in fact in every case I know of with a Flojet) the product supply to the pump should never be empty. A Flojet with air pressure and no supply will run constantly.

wyatt

Reaction score
That makes no sense. The pump is dead-headed, which means the only time it pumps is when the solenoids on the outlet is open. In this case (in fact in every case I know of with a Flojet) the product supply to the pump should never be empty. A Flojet with air pressure and no supply will run constantly.
I switched back to the old flojet after finding out the new flojet did the same thing and didn’t fix the problem. While switching it back over the tube drained out on the floor. It has not been back in use since simply because I’ve left the air disconnected, that’s why there’s no product in there.

I know that they are dead-headed and that’s why I can’t figure out why it’s still pulsing (with chemical in the tube and air connected) after replacing everything.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Is it pulsing like crazy all the time or does it pump once every few seconds or every few minutes? Does any yellow run in a bay?

It wouldn't hurt to put a hose clamp or at least a zip-tie around the inlet hose over the barb to be sure it's not drawing in a tiny bit of air.

wyatt

Reaction score
I would say it pulses every 30 seconds. And no it doesn’t push yellow to any of the bays.

good idea to zip tie the hose. Haven’t tried that yet

MEP001

Reaction score
I would say it pulses every 30 seconds. And no it doesn’t push yellow to any of the bays.
It could very well be a bad pump. Doesn't matter that you changed it, new parts absolutely can be defective. The quickest test would be to swap two pumps that are in service and see if it moves with the pump. Either that or add an air shutoff solenoid to the pumps.