What's new

Triple Foam Issue

Officer

Reaction score
My triple foam on my IBA is coming out white, with little color. The foam is great, but white. The solutions are diluted as directed on the side of the container. Flowjet pumps are set to 70psi while air that mixes with foam is set to 30psi. Too much air? This how it was set when I bought the place. Recommendations to increase color without upping the amount of product mixed?

Thanks,
Brandon

chaz

Reaction score
Long shot here. Maybe a seal going in bad in flo jet, that results in reduced air and reduced product to bay. I had this with my FB antifreeze. My quick fix was to install my spare Flo Jet.

Please advice what your ultimate fix is.

Officer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Chaz. I don't think it's a seal. Pressure is good and delivery to the bay is good. I've run into instances before where sometimes you can mix too much air which drowns out the color. I'm not sure... Admittedly, I'm still a junior operator with lots to learn.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
What brand chemical are you using and what dilution ratio and is this the first time you have put the product online need a little more info.

Officer

Reaction score
What brand chemical are you using and what dilution ratio and is this the first time you have put the product online need a little more info.
We're using JBS Glow Foam Polish. We're diluting 120/1 (purple tip) and instructions say to dilute 120-300. We've also experiences this issue with other products trifoam products. Hope that helps. Thanks, Brandon

pgrzes

Reaction score
I dont use same setup, but I have always found that weak colors was product dilution was weak? Has the product changed consistency? Try mixing a stronger batch and try it to see. Are you using hydrominders? Maybe they are leaking back and further diluting product?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I agree with pgrzes, purple tip at 120:1 sounds very weak try going up to brown or orange tip on hydrominder 75:1 or 64:1 ratio. Purple is for like super ultra 3x concentrated chemicals. I would start at Brown or yellow and slowly increase tip size to your liking see if that helps and let us know and what kind of automatic do you have. See if that helps if it's a laser direct injection going to be like a pink or turquoise tip as a baseline.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As TDL mentioned go bigger tip. True dilution rates on hydrominders vary somewhat depending on water pressure, viscosity of the product, and the condition and proper seal of the eductor and chemical draw lines. Hydrominder bases their ratios on a water thin viscosity in their dilution charts.