What's new

triple foam in touchless

washzone

Reaction score
What is considered the right way to apply triple foam? Apply on top of pre soak one and pre soak two then rinse all or rinse off pre one and two then apply tri foam or apply tri foam first before pre soaks?

MEP001

Reaction score
What triple foam product are you using? I've seen an auto that applies triple foam first, but it's not a CCC or protectant.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
scotch plaid
I think Mep means... what type of product are you referring to? Color is just that. Most chemical manufacturers have several types of "triple foam": Triple foam detergent, Triple foam Conditioner, Triple foam Conditioner Lo - PH, Triple foam wax, Or just triple foam bubbles. Different types would answer the question asked differently. We like to use triple foam as a detergent on top of an alkaline pass to give dwell and shrink passes on automatics. Many would say it doesn't make sense. I argue that saving 2 passes for the same money while helping the detergent to work/dwell makes enough sense for me. The overlooked thing about cheating is that you can win that way.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW

I like the Simoniz UVP as my foam in touch free as well as self serves. Great show and scent. Great price.

MEP001

Reaction score
scotch plaid
Scotch Plaid has a Tri-Foam Polish, a Tri-Foam Conditioner, a Dyna-Pac ColorFoam Brush, a Dyna-Sheen CCC, and a Polish Brite CCC. The only one you would even consider using at the front of the wash with presoak would be the foam brush. The rest need to be applied to a clean car.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use triple foam protectants, so mine go on after the car is cleaned and rinsed. Watch your signage- If the customer thinks it's a wax then it should be IMO.

washzone

Reaction score
Thanks all for input, Mep, We are using scotch plaid tunnel pro basic conditioner #191 low ph i know you said only one to use would be dyna pac foam brush but in their catalog it says that is for self serv so it would be ok for in bay touchless? Your advice and tips are always priceless thanks so much

MEP001

Reaction score
It will work as a foam application in an automatic, but it won't do anything.

I should have mentioned that the auto that I've seen that applies a tricolor foam as a first pass is a Belanger Freestyler friction unit.

Etowah