What's new

Triple Foam fuse keeps blowing on my relay card

Flee6241

Reaction score
Hello, i am a new car wash owner that currently took over a 25 year old carwash. Currently running the TCS1 and am still learning everything about the car wash equipment.
Current situation I have is that my triple foam solenoid keeps shorting my relay fuse. Already went through a full box of fast acting 250v fuses. I replaced the solenoid which runs 120v, even replaced the electrical plug. I am confused as to why it keeps blowing my fuse. If anyone could assist with this troubleshooting issue I would be grateful.

Thank you

Keno

Reaction score
probably a short somewhere in that circuit - broken wire

OurTown

Reaction score
Hello, i am a new car wash owner that currently took over a 25 year old carwash. Currently running the TCS1 and am still learning everything about the car wash equipment.
Current situation I have is that my triple foam solenoid keeps shorting my relay fuse. Already went through a full box of fast acting 250v fuses. I replaced the solenoid which runs 120v, even replaced the electrical plug. I am confused as to why it keeps blowing my fuse. If anyone could assist with this troubleshooting issue I would be grateful.

Thank you

Are you sure you are using the correct amperage fuses? The 250V is only the max voltage but has nothing to do with the current draw.

Flee6241

Reaction score
Are you sure you are using the correct amperage fuses? The 250V is only the max voltage but has nothing to do with the current draw.
Yes, the previous solenoid i was replacing which was working perfectly fine was a 120v, bought the same exact one. When testing on my designated test outlet theres no issues, its only when i plug into the automated outlet it blows the fuse.

Keno

Reaction score
Yes, the previous solenoid i was replacing which was working perfectly fine was a 120v, bought the same exact one. When testing on my designated test outlet theres no issues, its only when i plug into the automated outlet it blows the fuse.
Our town is asking about the amperage rating of the fuse you are using as replacement, not voltage rating of solenoid or fuse

Flee6241

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. Im sure its the right amperage, Ill need to double check that.

OurTown

Reaction score
If it was working perfectly fine then why did you change it out? Or are you saying the old one didn't blow the fuse? Have you checked the resistance across the old coil terminals and compared that to the new coil? Have you checked to see if the new coil is shorted to the valve body?

Flee6241

Reaction score
it wasnt working, that is why i changed it to a new one. Originally the fuse was blown with the old solenoid. Swapped it out and it kept blowing the fuse. I even change the electrical plug thinking that was old and corroded but that didnt solve the issue of blowing the fuse. I even went to extent of changing the location on my relay to see if it was the relay issue. So i think the result is that i have a broken wire somewhere and need to find it to repair it.

Flee6241

Reaction score
If it was working perfectly fine then why did you change it out? Or are you saying the old one didn't blow the fuse? Have you checked the resistance across the old coil terminals and compared that to the new coil? Have you checked to see if the new coil is shorted to the valve body?
sorry i worded it incorrectly, the original solenoid was not working

OurTown

Reaction score
sorry i worded it incorrectly, the original solenoid was not working

Did you buy the exact replacement solenoid valve? Can you swap the old coil onto the new one? They usually don't go bad. How many amps are the fuses rated at?