What's new

Triple foam dryer

Bricks

Reaction score
I have been having trouble getting the triple foam working but I know I’ll get it. Question is, do customers use it? I’ve never personally seen it in action so I don’t know.

I have a massive new 10hp 120 gallon saylor beal compressor. I’ve been thinking about using it via the triple foam booms to make a dryer for each bay. Does anyone think this could work? A compressed air dryer ? Maybe with something different than the actual foam gun itself?

washnshine

Reaction score
I have been having trouble getting the triple foam working but I know I’ll get it. Question is, do customers use it? I’ve never personally seen it in action so I don’t know.

I have a massive new 10hp 120 gallon saylor beal compressor. I’ve been thinking about using it via the triple foam booms to make a dryer for each bay. Does anyone think this could work? A compressed air dryer ? Maybe with something different than the actual foam gun itself?
Compressed air will probably not have the cfm (cubic feet per minute) or volume of air needed to remove water from a car. You would also have trouble keeping up with demand with a compressor. It might be good for small parts like side view mirror housings and grille areas, but blowing off an entire car/suv/pickup is not feasible.

Customers will use your triple foam if you put a high quality shine enhancing/water repelling product in it.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
No seriously, this compressor is a Beast.
I was leaning more towards drying motorcycles.
I’m sure it is a beast, but I still think drying a motorcycle with compressed air could be tedious at best. Also, you probably don’t want a function in you bay that is dedicated for motorcycles only - you won’t get much usage if your audience is that limited.

Mchas

Reaction score
Customers will use your triple foam if you put a high quality shine enhancing/water repelling product in it.
Any recommendations? I am looking to try a new triple foam product

John J Spokas

Reaction score
No seriously, this compressor is a Beast.
I was leaning more towards drying motorcycles.
How will you keep the compressed air lines that will be used to blow water off motorcycles from carrying moisture to the bays? Where is your wash? Are you located in a year round low humidity area?

washnshine

Reaction score
Any recommendations? I am looking to try a new triple foam product
JBS has a Glow Foam Wax and now a Glow Foam Ceramic

Quest has their Vantagloss in a few different colors now

Simoniz has their UVP Triple foam

Any of the above will make a difference when a customer uses them. They are not just colored/scented soaps. These are credible products that enhance vehicle exteriors.

There are other good brands, I am sure.

Bricks

Reaction score
How will you keep the compressed air lines that will be used to blow water off motorcycles from carrying moisture to the bays? Where is your wash? Are you located in a year round low humidity area?
I thought I could get a separator for the water. Plenty of humidity here.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Air compressors make lots of pressure and not a lot of volume. If I found the right specs, looks like your 10HP can make about 35cfm (it really is a beast). I couldn't find a spec, but I expect each motor in an in bay dryer probably has the potential to move about 100 cfm. They use 2 or 3 of those in each dryer and a separate dryer in each bay. I think its more a function of volume of air, rather than pressure that dries. My customers do use the tri foam quite a bit at one of my washes and not so much at the other. I am in the process of switching to JBS glow foam ceramic hoping it will increase meter on time.

Bricks

Reaction score
Air compressors make lots of pressure and not a lot of volume. If I found the right specs, looks like your 10HP can make about 35cfm (it really is a beast). I couldn't find a spec, but I expect each motor in an in bay dryer probably has the potential to move about 100 cfm. They use 2 or 3 of those in each dryer and a separate dryer in each bay. I think its more a function of volume of air, rather than pressure that dries. My customers do use the tri foam quite a bit at one of my washes and not so much at the other. I am in the process of switching to JBS glow foam ceramic hoping it will increase meter on time.
You’re probably right. I was thinking about that foam getting on someone’s skin or clothing and staining it like it does mine. I might put a new flojet on the TF tomorrow to see if I can get it going. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I found a video of a car wash with blower nozzles for motorcycles. The Youtuber really liked it. I've had a few people ask for the same thing to blow water out of their mirrors and crevices.