What's new

Triple foam boom

Noob

Reaction score
Do you prefer the hot wax over the ceramic?

washnshine

Reaction score
Do you prefer the hot wax over the ceramic?
In my tunnel, they have two distinct functions, benefits and style of application. If you are asking what would be better in a self serve foam gun, I’d say hot wax because it generally is a foamier product and that is what you need in a foam gun.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Has anyone dispensed ceramic wax out of the foam gun?

Yes, I am. I am using Quest Vantagloss at two washes and will use at a third when I go through my Carnuba products. It works very well. Vantagloss only comes in one color so I have to inject color with a dual tip eductor.

Noob

Reaction score
Greg, how does it foam? In your opinion does it perform better than wax? Would ceramic still be effective if it was dispensed at low pressure out of the hp gun?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Quest makes two versions. I use lower foam in IBAs (easier to rinse)and foamy in the SS, The foamy works well. I'm not a fan of low pressure wax coming out of a HP gun nozzle but I guess it would be considered effective.

Has anyone dispensed two different wax products out of a low pressure gun? If the changeover time is not different that would be an optimal way to apply a Rain-X product. The "ceramics" as I understand are more about gloss and slick feel, and the repellent products are more about protection.