What's new

Tri-Foam out of the gatlin Guns?

teamplex65

Reaction score
We have a PDQ G5.

We put new tips in our tri-foam jets on Friday. On Tuesday we noticed the red dye was all over the floor. We ran "S3X" and the 3 jets were heavy red. We re jetted all 3 of them down and they are now flowing a nice red/yellow/blue. What we noticed when doing the S3X was the gatlin guns weep ever so slightly. The floor ones were shooting red dye up about 2". We ran "GG" and red dye came out for a good 5 seconds making the bay completly pink in the process. It eventually cleared itself out and is working fine now.

Presoak 2 also pulled some of the red product.

My question is, was there a valve that got stuck open or what? How does triple foam red make it to the gatlin guns?

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you can provide.

teamplex65

Reaction score
It appeared to still be leaking a little as the red was pooled below the gatlin gun. We turned the tips down some more and replaced the "black selenoid" to the right of the tricolor tubes. It appears to have worked as we have blown out the gatlin guns and the pre-soaks and everything looks good now. We did notice that it had some blue in it as well but the red overpowers the other 2 colors.

I still find it amazing that the red would leak down into the black hose that runs to the pump and then the gatlin gun picked it up as much as it did.

Im still open to ideas if anyone has another idea of how this happens.

teamplex65

Reaction score
Its still doing it out of the gatlin Gun. It shoots clear water, then red for a few seconds, and then back to clear. I am guessing it is just what pools up in the hose and gets pushed through. We probably dont see it when we continually test it because it doesnt have enough time to pool again, maybe?

I wonder if someone buys a wash without the guns if it will spray red out of the arm for a few seconds since the HP line hasnt purged with the guns yet?

Im still open to ideas.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Do you have the base solution package or the extended solution package? The 3X Color Foam is plumbed direct from the injector to bridge. The only way 3X can get back into the HP would be by bleeding back through the injector block. I would start by looking there.

teamplex65

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Is the black box on the aluminum block for each product the injector? We replaced that and thought it cured it, but it still appears to be doing it. I know it doesnt take much dye to turn the water red, but I would think it would be cleaned out after a few days. I will try to get some photos in the next few days, and possibly a video of the red out of the gatlin gun.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I don't have a PDQ, nor do I know how they are configured, however, from what your saying I would wonder if there is a check valve stuck open between your foam and gatlin gun. Not sure if there is a common point between the two items, but if there is you could see if there are any checks between the two.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
The black part you are referring to is the coil. The "stem" that it slides over is the valve. It may be possible that the valve is bad and feeding back into the system.

Reaction score
if your running a low pressure function and its also coming out the gattlin guns, maybe debris in the changeover valve for the gattlin guns.

Mike

Reaction score
Do you have weep? If so it may be leaking back thru the weep lines into the undercarrage lines.

teamplex65

Reaction score
We replaced the coil and valve and it has been workign great since. It took just a little while for the red to work itself out of the system. It does not take very much dye to turn the water red.

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
seriously

you seriously did not call the solenoid valve coil a "Black box" ??

teamplex65

Reaction score
I wanted to post a reply to what it was. The problem ended up being the check valves on the weep system being bad. We removed the weep system hoses for the tri-foam and turned on the tri-foam and the tri-foam color shot out of the checkvalves (the wrong way). That was then pushing the tri-foam up into the weep system and the gatlin gun was sucking the weep system fluid out and some tri-foam would mix with it.

Simply replace the check valve for the weep system and the problem stopped.