What's new

Treadle Jumpers

Reds

Reaction score
I have a huge problem with customers either jumping over my treadle or rolling off of it once the wash starts. I have two WW2.0's with mechanical treadles. The treadle has a small "bump" at the entry side, then the grid-like trigger that causes the prox switch to connect, then a bigger "bump" on the exit side. The whole treadle is about 12" long (not wide). I see a lot of cars that climb the first bump and jam their brakes on the moment the buzzer sounds. They are barely on the treadle and if they don't put it in park, or if the car rocks a little when they do put it in park, they roll off the treadle and the wash stops. I have this happening 4 or 5 times a day. Does anyone else have this problem? Or has anyone made any alterations to their treadle to deal with this issue? And of course I also have the people who zoom in there and jump right over the treadle, then back up too far, then pull forward too far, etc., and then tell me that "something's wrong with this stupid wash". But I can't do anything about those idiots. I was considering making a treadle with a very small bump on the entry side, and a bigger bump on the exit side. Another issue is if they don't get on the treadle all the way the wheel scrubber does not line up with their wheels properly. I have also considered altering the part of the treadle that trips the prox switch so that it triggers the prox after they have moved forward a little more. Has anyone altered their treadle? Or put up signage that helped get cars on the treadle properly?