What's new

Trashed Bays

Etowah

traveler17

Reaction score
If it would have been a guy I probably would have! But since she was already histarical, I didn't want to make it worse than it already was...Luckily it was a water soluable latex paint....Took me a few hours with my 4400psi pressure washer to get it cleaned up.
You have a heart of gold :) , she wouldn’t have left that property until it was all up

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
one of my favorite pics
February- huge busy day
This was about 10 trucks worth
Colder than hell!
Greg is right - it takes time to train customers
After all these years we now have customers policing customers.

you catch some people on camera-
The big offenders usually a landscaper, tow truck, septic pumper etc with a name or number on the truck
Call the boss and call them out on it
Word gets around
Problems go way down!
I can also shut the bays off from home but no longer watch the cameras that close.
Educate me on that pic. What am I looking at?

I'm in Socal, so I don't know anything about snow/ice. People come to a bay to knock off ice?

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
You are right....I totally missunderstood. The topic was trashed bays!!! This is what trashed bays look like! Yep, that is paint!

i caught one doing the same thing about a year or so ago, i asked her if she would like it if i pulled in her driveway at her home and did something like that, her response was "i wouldn't mind" ...my response was "then why the hell are you doing it here!!!" Her options after that were to pay me $500 for the clean up or the next step was i was going to call the law. She pulled out $500 and left. Took me about 3 or 4 hours to clean it up as well.

traveler17

Reaction score
i caught one doing the same thing about a year or so ago, i asked her if she would like it if i pulled in her driveway at her home and did something like that, her response was "i wouldn't mind" ...my response was "then why the hell are you doing it here!!!" Her options after that were to pay me $500 for the clean up or the next step was i was going to call the law. She pulled out $500 and left. Took me about 3 or 4 hours to clean it up as well.
Excellent!! 👌🏼

HeyVern

Reaction score
I came in this morning to find one of my bays completely coated with mud, took close to an hour to wash down all the walls and floor. About an hour later I get a new 3 star google review from a guy complaining about being charged twenty dollars for twenty minutes and he didn't even done washing when it hit the limit. The actual charge was 30 minutes for $20.00. I checked the charges on Nayax and figured out he had to have been the one that destroyed the bay. I replied to his review stating the actual price and time then found him on Facebook, now I know who he is, can't wait to run into him around town.

MH12956

Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing all your experience!! Didn't expect this many responses this quickly. You guys are GREAT!

Scott S

Reaction score
I also use the Control By Web relay (X-WR-4R3-I) to turn off 24v to the bay meters and toggle the power to the change machines to reset them. I use (X-408) to monitor the status of everything like power outages, water leaks, changer - out of service, bay power tripped, and door open/closed. It runs through an app on your phone that you can customize to fit your needs and then set your notifications accordingly. I had previously used, and still do use a few sensors, from a company called Monnit. It’s a wireless platform that worked well, but has a little lag time in the ability to turn the bay power off.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
I think we all draw our own line about what is "acceptable". We have an unattended wash in a rural location, near to many 4WD tracks. So mud, hay and manure are all just part of life for us. But from time to time we have had paint and grease all over a bay, which has been a huge headache to clean up. And my discovery of a bay full of maggots was completely out of line!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
And my discovery of a bay full of maggots was completely out of line!
I've had the same...Dumped out maggot infested fish! Maggots completely covering the bay floor and in the pit! Of the two, I would take latex paint any day! Maggots are harder to kill than I expected...Straight Pool Shock didn't seem to phase them right away! What did you use to kill them?!