What's new

Traffic Count...

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
If it is a state maintained highway contact your state highway and transportation dept. You can also call the traffic division in your city. Traffic counts are usually conducted at specific points along a highway. In my state they use the same spots and they each have a number and they can give the counts for that spot for several years back

Twodose

Reaction score
Last time I looked I got them from the Berks county planning commission website... I just checked, it now forwards me to a penndot site, looks like exactly what you're looking for:
http://www.dot7.state.pa.us/itms/open.aspx
This is the first place I checked before making a post. I am selecting route #, Luzerne county, pa239, view a factor report, average day of week by month total vehicles. I can't make heads or tales what the charts are saying, it you can decipher this, let me know. I'm looking for a daily count of vehicles.

Last edited:

Twodose

Reaction score
If it is a state maintained highway contact your state highway and transportation dept. You can also call the traffic division in your city. Traffic counts are usually conducted at specific points along a highway. In my state they use the same spots and they each have a number and they can give the counts for that spot for several years back
This may possibly be the best but most difficult way to find out any information. It is a state maintained highway.
Thanks for your input.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Be sure to check the date when the count was done. In some states the information can be much older than a year.

blurdgman

Reaction score
Traffic counts don't say it all. Proximity to residential areas could be more important.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
For that you need a Demographic Report. There are several companies that offer those.