What's new

Toyota Mirror Cover

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with a Toyota mirror covers coming off? Just had one on a 2019.

br549ms

Reaction score
no, but the newer model Toyotas are more trouble than any other we wash. Mostly rubber items and emblems.

DPX22

Reaction score
Haven't had any issues here either. Alot of Toyota SUV's though have a really bad problem with roof lining trim falling out.

br549ms

Reaction score
Some expresses are putting up signs stating that they are not responsible for mirror covers, spoilers....... We have not put up signs, but we do question every claim of damage and investigate. We touch every spoiler and go through a lot of tape. Mirror covers are difficult to detect even with very good inspection cameras and alert attendants.

washnvac

Reaction score
Do you conveyor guys have customers fold their mirrors in? Seems to me there are almost no issues when mirrors are folded in on my in-bays. Or does the folding in interfere with the way you want it cleaned?

DPX22

Reaction score
Only for large trucks that have extended mirrors. Some customers request to have their mirrors folded in regardless. I have seen mirrors get ripped off completely, especially older model vehicles like the F150's which had the chrome arms and swiveling mirrors. I have seen some customers loosely snap on mirror covers and enter the wash only to blame us for the damage. I'm glad our cameras pan the entire parking lot and spill over the neighbors lot as well.

washnshine

Reaction score
Do you conveyor guys have customers fold their mirrors in? Seems to me there are almost no issues when mirrors are folded in on my in-bays. Or does the folding in interfere with the way you want it cleaned?
Same as DPX22 - larger vehicles with extended mirrors are folded in. Other than that, we let them pass through as is. We can work around a fold in with prepping the mirror and side window a bit if necessary.