What's new

Towel bandits

Rainway

Reaction score
I called the police on these folks taking towels. I first pinged the ring alarm when I saw them but they just kept walking to their car. Cops ended up taking them away. Warrants I imagine... Still it was somewhat rewarding seeing their car impounded.

Next night these guys came and took all our towels. Figured friends of the others. I guess they needed the towels more than me. We put em up at night now

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Capture some frames - Print them and post around the place.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Why would you leave them out overnight?

mmurra

Reaction score
We leave clean terry towels out for our customers at our WAUW gated 6+2, We buy them new and dye them dark. Our customers love them and we lose some but not too many.

Rainway

Reaction score
Why would you leave them out overnight?
... to provide better customer service, namely early morning washers before they go to work and before our manager is on site. We always have a few walk away here and there which is to be expected. A whole backpack full chaps me though.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
The best part is triggering the alarm remotely. I'm going to look into that capability for my places.

Rainway

Reaction score
The best part is triggering the alarm remotely. I'm going to look into that capability for my places.
We have Ring spotlight cams (subscription for recording and alarm service $120/year for unlimited cameras). We have one on each corner of the building. But the alarms are not very loud. I'd like to have a louder system to sound alarm through -- but haven't found an easy to find simple solution that is reasonably priced yet. Please let me know if you know of a good solution.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you can close a circuit with what you have, you can buy a cheap alarm with a loud outdoor siren and trigger that