What's new

Touchfree vs Softtouch

Should we put another Touchfree or Soft touch for more revenue ? (We currently have 1 Touchfree)

• Touch Free

• Soft Touch

Results are only viewable after voting.

carwash_nashville

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We currently have 4 SS Bays ,1 Touchfree and 1 empty bay. Touchfree has been consistently making around 1500 washes a month and more during busy seasons. We reached a point where it is time to put another automatic in the empty bay. Would like to get an advice on whether we should go for another Touchfree or the Soft Touch ? Which one would bring in more revenue ?

Thank you.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We currently have 4 SS Bays ,1 Touchfree and 1 empty bay. Touchfree has been consistently making around 1500 washes a month and more during busy seasons. We reached a point where it is time to put another automatic in the empty bay. Would like to get an advice on whether we should go for another Touchfree or the Soft Touch ? Which one would bring in more revenue ?

Thank you.
If you have 10 exterior express conveyors around you as competitors, I’d put in another touchless. If you are the only game in town and have a wide variety of vehicle types, shapes and sizes, get a soft touch, and you can make everyone happy. If you have moderate competition, with a little of both, consider what the demographic in your area generally prefers. It’s always nice if you can offer both, but with the the way express exteriors are overbuilding these days, being exclusively touchless will set you apart from their potential extreme overpopulation.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
If you have 10 exterior express conveyors around you as competitors, I’d put in another touchless. If you are the only game in town and have a wide variety of vehicle types, shapes and sizes, get a soft touch, and you can make everyone happy. If you have moderate competition, with a little of both, consider what the demographic in your area generally prefers. It’s always nice if you can offer both, but with the the way express exteriors are overbuilding these days, being exclusively touchless will set you apart from their potential extreme overpopulation.
I know of a SS with 4 Laser 4000s that is very busy even though two very nice $3 express exterior have opened up within 1 mile about 1-1/2 years ago.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If there are any tunnels, or possibility of them coming, put in a 2nd touchless. Sounds like u do about 55cpd, which is a VERY busy site. Meaning lots of customers prefer Touchless.

Last edited:

Monte

Reaction score
My question is why you think its time for the 2nd automatic. Are you thinking that at 50-55 cpd you are losing business without a 2nd IBA?? Sites/towns are all different with this equation. Intially, I think you would wait till you are washing over 100 cpd before you needed the next IBA. How many cars in line, before people drive away??

soonermajic

Reaction score
My question is why you think its time for the 2nd automatic. Are you thinking that at 50-55 cpd you are losing business without a 2nd IBA?? Sites/towns are all different with this equation. Intially, I think you would wait till you are washing over 100 cpd before you needed the next IBA. How many cars in line, before people drive away??
Can't tell if serious. The vast majority of washes occur 9:30--5:30. Meaning @ 100cpdc there will be a constant line all day every day. This creates 2 business damaging issues.
1. You have quite a few drive-offs, lose some biz.
2. Lots of folks see this constant line, & somebody else is gonna put in another site.
Even though you may wash more cars w/ 2 iBAs, it will cut your lines in half. This gives the illusion of less business & fewer cars. Thus meaning another site is not a no-brainer.
Id suggest wait a few mos to a yr. Let interest rates lower, & also get the bugs worked out on a WW Double Barrel. Or get a crazy fast Oasis Typhoon.

Monte

Reaction score
I dont completely disagree with your thoughts on lines....but the situation in your area is what determines the best course of action. We have a site that stays 4 in line all day, if people leave, they come back different time/day (1 IBA). We have site in tourist town, if they leave cause of line, they will NEVER be back (2 IBAs). My point is.....really try to understand your area. A 2nd machine might be better off placed in all new location...to get 50-60 cpd instead of trying to hold onto 50-60, with the cost of both machines. When was the last time that Dutch Bros/Starbucks was nervous about 5-10 cars in line to get $5 coffees.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thank you.
We have been operating a single bay IBA in a small town in South Texas since 2016. Since 2018, we had a WW Profile averaging 1600/month. We just finished adding a 2nd bay with a Razor and the monthly count has increased dramatically. We're not quite at double the count, but look to be around 1-3/4 of what we did before adding the Razor, which has been in full swing since late August. With this being a rural area, we're seeing the guys in pick-ups go straight to the Profile because they love the brushes. Just depends on your demographic. If the line at the Profile is more than 2 cars, the pick-ups will go to the Razor. Some in the muscle cars go straight to the Razor. Either way, the added IBA has made a huge difference for us and now gives customers a choice. I also believe a good part of the increased cpd is business that was lost before, when folks would drive away because the line to the Profile was 4-5 cars.

OurTown

Reaction score
We lose some people everyday that we are moderately busy. They can't wait 5 or 10 minutes. For whatever reason a lot of people just don't have the time or patience that they used to.

washnshine

Reaction score
We lose some people everyday that we are moderately busy. They can't wait 5 or 10 minutes. For whatever reason a lot of people just don't have the time or patience that they used to.
Very true.