What's new

Touch Free Self Service???

Etowah

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Hi all,

I do not know if this has been discussed in the forum. As I see, all SS functions are touch free- they do not actually touch a car EXCEPT foam brush. Has anyone tried to figure out a way to replace foam brush with spray (with correct chemical) Similar to what touch free automatic uses? I am not talking about all the bays but couple of them could be designated as “touch free”

if this works, this could be a great marketing point for SS. It can bring new customers that are lazy, ladies, picky (who does not like to touch the car), etc.

I welcome everyone‘s thoughts.
Thanks

OurTown

Reaction score
See: Super Wash Inc. Still swear foam brushes aren't necessary.

They might still think that but they put brushes in all the corporate owned ones around here years ago. Their "Super Soap" presoak is pretty dang good though maybe not quite as good as they tout it to be.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Hi all,

I do not know if this has been discussed in the forum. As I see, all SS functions are touch free- they do not actually touch a car EXCEPT foam brush. Has anyone tried to figure out a way to replace foam brush with spray (with correct chemical) Similar to what touch free automatic uses? I am not talking about all the bays but couple of them could be designated as “touch free”

if this works, this could be a great marketing point for SS. It can bring new customers that are lazy, ladies, picky (who does not like to touch the car), etc.

I welcome everyone‘s thoughts.
Thanks
If a self-serve customer doesn't want to use a foam brush, they'll simply use high pressure soap.

Even if there was a replacement for the foam brush, I don't believe the emboldened will change. Lazy customers want automatics. I don't believe it would sway ladies. Picky customers would use touch-free in your example.

In fact, I find that self-service customers are the picky type who want to use self-service because the want to use their hands to clean their car.

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Thank you all for chiming in. That is what I wanted to see- your honest thoughts! Looks like we have more cons than pros.

Thanks

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do a touchless wash on my own car in the self service bay quite frequently. My car stays fairly clean, so when I'm done with soap wax and rinse I towel it off and it looks great.

OurTown

Reaction score
Our presoak is JBS Action High dual injected with their booster and usually checks in between 11.8-12.1 pH. It titrates between 33-38 drops with their kit. We use it for both self serve and the old fixed oval touchless and cleans really well. Several have told us even that is too high for the SS bays. Three out of four times I wash my truck in the SS bays (it won't fit in our touchless auto) without the brush and then usually the fourth time I will use the brush to get the tiny bit of film off.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Here in "hot" California, we see a lot of customers with old bugs that are BAKED onto their paint. Touch free alone won't remove them, even with the Blendco Pre-soak. We offer soft hogs-hair Foam Brushes (no nylon to scratch their paint). Gentle, but very effective! 👌

washnshine

Reaction score
Here in "hot" California, we see a lot of customers with old bugs that are BAKED onto their paint. Touch free alone won't remove them, even with the Blendco Pre-soak. We offer soft hogs-hair Foam Brushes (no nylon to scratch their paint). Gentle, but very effective! 👌
Yes - my customers know to use the presoak as a bug spray and then go at it with the hp and foam brush and the results of the combination are outstanding.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Just gotta share... its been months since I washed my car! By the time I'm done with my car wash chores, I'm hot, tired & hungry AND my bays are full. Lots of baked on bee-poop & dirt! Downright embarrassing since I OWN a car wash! 😖 Well, I finally made the time today and was VERY IMPRESSED with HOW clean it got... Presoak, HP Soap, Foam Brush, Wax & Blow Dryer. I think I found my NEW FAVORITE car wash!! ❤🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score
Just gotta share... its been months since I washed my car! By the time I'm done with my car wash chores, I'm hot, tired & hungry AND my bays are full. Lots of baked on bee-poop & dirt! Downright embarrassing since I OWN a car wash! 😖 Well, I finally made the time today and was VERY IMPRESSED with HOW clean it got... Presoak, HP Soap, Foam Brush, Wax & Blow Dryer. I think I found my FAVORITE car wash!! ❤🤣
Beautiful!

My parents have that same Forester and they love it. There’s is a 2018. What’s yours?

Randy

Reaction score
My Forester is a 2019 & LOVE it too! 😍 2nd Subaru to replace my 2003 Outback. The color blue cleans up nicely!! 👌🤩🚙
I really like my Subaru forester. This last June my son and I went to the car auction, I wasn’t in the market for a car. But when I saw this beautiful 2015 Forester with only 37,000 miles on it I had to bid on it, I drove it home for half of the blue book value.

When I wash my cars, I presoak them, let them dwell for a few minutes, rinse it, wax and rinse it again and then towel dry it off. I never use the foam brush on my cars.