What's new

Topaz float valve problems???

csmith

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with topaz float valve not shutting of completely and slowly letting their holding tank over flow. I have had this problem for a while so I ordered some new ones and its doing the same thing. My hydrominders hold just fine where they should be, same water supply supplies both float valves and 5 hydrominders.... Am I doing something wrong or what.....let me know what you guys think!

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you certain it's the valve running and overflowing the tank? Your weep can also cause it to overflow.

Sean e Dyson

Reaction score
Have you cleaned out the diaphragm? It is a quick release turn water off and twist the valve quarter turn. Then put your hand to deflect the water and turn on the water slowly to clean it out.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Jobe.

Check your main water supply pressure reducing regulator for proper operation when absolutely no water is flowing. Bad ones will slowly creep up. I've got one wash that goes through a valve every few years. Pressure creeps up of 120 psi+ overnight and causes all sorts of mischief.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jobe / Topaz have been great. They have a couple ways to adjust float. I would start there. I had one over-flowing after 6 years + of operation. I cleaned the ball / float and re-adjusted the length and pivot to shut down at a slightly lower water level and it has been perfect since.

I use the same valves in SS ( hot / cold water mixed in tank above SS pumps ) and IBA auto pump feed tank. Super reliability.