What's new

Too much product being used

torquewrench

Reaction score
My presoak and tire cleaner seem to be sucking down very fast! I have played with the tips. I now have a pink tip on. I've changed the hydrominders. Still just sucking down the product. Any ideas on what else can cause this.
Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you have air mixing with the product? With most chemicals they have to be mixed very strong to work, and in order to get a decent flow to the bay you have to deliver a large volume of liquid. Aerating it will greatly reduce the liquid volume without sacrificing the cleaning strength.

torquewrench

Reaction score
I do have air mixers and good flow to the bays. What would the air flow have to do with the hydrominder sucking to much product?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not about the Hydrominders, it's about the volume used at the bay. Try turning up the air pressure on the tire cleaner to get a good foam and see if your usage drops.

Reaction score
Too Much Product Being Used

Hey Torquewrench...have you checked the Hydro tank to see if the chemical looks unusually strong or have your chemical rep test it to see if its actually mixed to what the tip your using says it should be? If its stronger in the tank then you might be siphoning. You might also want to check the bays to see if you have any solenoids sticking open. I've seen situations where a customer is in one bay using tire cleaner and another unoccupied bay is also spraying tire cleaner because of a open solenoid.

torquewrench

Reaction score
I don't really have a chemical rep. The chemical in the tank does look very strong.when you talk about siphoning do you mean when the hydrominder shuts off the product just keeps flowing in the tank? i don't really see it moving in the lines after it shuts off. i tried to adjust the air to the bays today, over 20psi it's not foamy coming out the wand. I will check for the stuck solenoids.Thanks for the imput guys!

MEP001

Reaction score
The chemical can't siphon into the tank unless the concentrate is above the mixed product. If it is siphoning it will be very slow, too slow to see especially if you're using a pink tip.

clean machine

Reaction score
Check to see what the air pressure to the supply pump is. The higher the air pressure to the pump supplying product the faster it goes out to bay. Also look at what eductor you have on hydrominder. A 511 eductor pink tip is 1:240 where a 515 eductor pink tip is 1:100

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Check to see what the air pressure to the supply pump is. The higher the air pressure to the pump supplying product the faster it goes out to bay. Also look at what eductor you have on hydrominder. A 511 eductor pink tip is 1:240 where a 515 eductor pink tip is 1:100
What is the difference between the 511 eductor and the "515" ? I have noticed different colors on some of the eductors themself.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
One of your solenoids may be leaking, you may be slowly peeing it out to the bays when the bay is not in use.