What's new

Tolerance and Idiots!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Who Needs A 3 Motor Vac?!?! The Meme says it all! Yes, that is Wet Concrete!

OurTown

Reaction score
I would completely come unglued if that happened to one of our vacs.

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you think it was intended to damage the vac or just someone stupid?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
2Biz,

Did you have to break up hardened concrete to save the vac? I feel your pain. Did your cameras get some suspects' license plates?

With one of our vacs about 2 weeks ago ... some rascal had what seemed to be over a gallon of dirty oil he managed to get all over the concrete anywhere near to the vac where customers need to walk on to use the vac. Luckily we caught it in time before any got sucked into the filter bags.

We used "floor dri" which we planned on sweeping up thoroughly when the oil got absorbed. That was complicated by the fact that there was some water from melting snow causing the mess to be partially frozen off & on everyday since. No license plate this time ... I am not sure how the local PD would handle it even if we would have gotten the specific license plate?

I agree with MEP001 about the possibility of malicious mischief. I have memories of a new person in town customer (outwardly friendly sort?!) over 25 years ago who possibly was a sick pyromaniac who set a few trash barrel fires on our property. Luckily he also did the nasty deed at another local business who caught him. He was from Atlanta, GA ... once he was caught that specific problem no longer occurred.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had more than one brilliant person suck paint up in my vacs. A lot of paint, like a contractor cleaning out a spray rig or something.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
2Biz,

Did you have to break up hardened concrete to save the vac? I feel your pain. Did your cameras get some suspects' license plates?

I came "Unglued" as Ourtown said! Or went "Sideways" as Randy would put it! I had checked on the CW after I got off work and all was good. Went back about 45 minutes later to clean pits and vacs and this is what I found. Good thing I didn't catch the jerk in progress! I'd have been the one in jail! The concrete was still wet and not hardened. I couldn't believe that the claw and hose was plugged solid about 2' back and that the basket was as full as it was. I rarely have to look at video but this time I did. And wouldn't you know it, the DVR had quit some time ago. I thought the HD failed, but a format and reboot got it working again. So no luck on the video....I'm hoping it wasn't malicious intent, cause there may be more to come. I've come to the conclusion that we'll have to fight the "Can't Fix Stupid" part the rest of our lives! "They Are Everywhere"!

MEP001

Reaction score
The worst thing I've had so far was some "Great Stuff" expanding foam someone vacuumed up. It ruined the hose and nozzle but scraped out of the tank without any trouble. I'm sure their car was much worse off.

Reaction score
Some A-hole just did this to one of my vacs yesterday. When the claw clogged up with concrete, they yanked it off and threw it in the trash and continued with just the hose. What a mess, clumps of concrete all over vac island too.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Man that's terriable out of curiosity how much are you charging for your vacs. I used to have stuff like this when I charged 75 cents and $1.00 when I went to $1.50 & $2.00 it all this kind of stuff went away for me. I pray for you buddy

OurTown

Reaction score
Man that's terriable out of curiosity how much are you charging for your vacs. I used to have stuff like this when I charged 75 cents and $1.00 when I went to $1.50 & $2.00 it all this kind of stuff went away for me. I pray for you buddy
How many minutes are you giving for those prices?

chaz

Reaction score
....that’s the day I raised my vac from $1 to $2 and the time from 4-6 min. Less mess and more money. In my case I think it was a guy vacuuming dry mix and someone sucking up water...still a huge mess

soapy

Reaction score
A guy knocks on the door today and says he spent 2$ on the shampooer and it had no foam. I walk out with him thinking it might be out of shampoo. When we get to vac island there is literally a 5 gallon bucket of foam on the island and it is still coming out. " Oh I guess there is foam" he says

OurTown

Reaction score
A guy knocks on the door today and says he spent 2$ on the shampooer and it had no foam. I walk out with him thinking it might be out of shampoo. When we get to vac island there is literally a 5 gallon bucket of foam on the island and it is still coming out. " Oh I guess there is foam" he says
I had a lady tell me last week she was very unhappy about the wand because "it took over 30 seconds for soap to come out" and "you call that high pressure?" I went over and started the bay and sprayed her car with high pressure. She said "oh, I guess I wasn't pulling hard enough on that trigger thing". She was very apologetic after that.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Reading these kinds of stories you can't help but wonder about the wisdom of the voters and why the government i so Fracked up.