What's new

Tokens vs Coins

Randy

Reaction score
If you don't have any funds to support the car wash I'd wait until I had build up some working capital. Good quality Tokens are expensive.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score

kentadel

Reaction score
Rooster, will your existing coin mechs accept tokens? As Randy posted they come with a cost. Have any pics of your washes to post?
Something may jump out at a forum member that could help you in making the wash more profitable.

Reaction score
Rooster, will your existing coin mechs accept tokens? As Randy posted they come with a cost. Have any pics of your washes to post?
Something may jump out at a forum member that could help you in making the wash more profitable.
Yes, they will accept tokens. Ppl have snuck them in on me until I went to my slugbusters and stopped accepting them. I will post some pics and or video as soon as I can. I appreciate that.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Yes, they will accept tokens. Ppl have snuck them in on me until I went to my slugbusters and stopped accepting them. I will post some pics and or video as soon as I can. I appreciate that.
Hi, please fill us in why you are STILL taking and dispensing Coins of any type..
Coins are becoming a Dinosaur?
A real Pain in the Ass! :)

edredtop

Reaction score
IF you decide to take tokens, an approach to consider would be somewhere between carwashboy's and soonermajic's, that is, start moving away from quarters, and IF you do try tokens, get a good control token (to prevent crossovers from Chuck E. Cheese or your competitors down the road) and make the token value $1 or $5 depending on your market. I personally believe the quarter has gone the way of the dime at our washes thanks to runaway inflation and they really are a pain in the ass with the banks. And as sooner said, you make pure profit when a token walks away

sjb

Reaction score
I recommend dispensing only your proprietary $1 tokens….

Accept the customers quarters and $ coins, and of course CC’s….

it can be a small pain in the arse to sort and shuffle the quarters….all the way to the bank…!

Best of luck!

Etowah