What's new

Token Wrapping Question for SS Veterans

Carl

Reaction score
Hi! :rolleyes: I have an important customer (25 tow trucks) who hates my prepaid card ($1.50 minimum each swipe) and is requesting "Quarter Tokens" so I will oblige.

My question is this: If I purchase quarter-sized tokens that are .984" in diameter and according to the U.S. Mint, US quarters are .955" in diameter, am I okay to still use paper US quarter-sized wrappers or should I buy specially-sized "quarter-sized TOKEN wrappers" so that I'm assured the tokens will fit? In other words, can you fit the quarter-sized tokens into the regular paper quarter wrappers that you can buy from Office Depot or will those rolls be "too small / too tight" because of the .029" size difference?

Thanks! - Carl :D

MEP001

Reaction score
They won't fit. We use small envelopes.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Who ever you get the tokens from should be able to provide rollers for you. They are inexpensive.

Henry

Reaction score
The trick is to slide the tokens in at an angle! Use a tube, tip it over at a 45 degree angle, and pour them into the standard quarter wrapper tube. The rolls won't be exactly square on each end but they'll work just fine.

Etowah