What's new

token size and chuck e cheese..

scott

Reaction score
If somebody were to be setting up an auto teller to accept tokens, I'd recommend using the not so common large size token, as the one sized about like a quarter seem to be pretty popular at the arcades and such, as I get about 1 a week from chuk.e's place. They've figured out it gets them a $7 wash at my auto..
No video yet to catch 'em.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're using a single token valued at $7, you should be using a coded token.

Randy

Reaction score
You must be using a Token that is pretty close to the 70/30 alloy that Chuckie Cheese uses. With a $7 token you might want to go to a more secure larger token or a different alloy. Have you tired to adjust out the Chuckie Cheese token?

scott

Reaction score
Yes, the secure larger token would be the way to go, I just didn't have the foresight and thought others might stumble on the topic before they made the same mistake and bought a bag of tokens...
no more tokens than i get, as soon as I get my video security system, I should be able to figure out who they're coming from. I would think a "theft of services" letter would probably stop 'em..
thanks for the replies..

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
scott said:
I would think a "theft of services" letter would probably stop 'em..
There are many other tokens out there that match the Chuck E. Cheese ones. A "theft of services" letter won't help legally because your equipment is set up and labeled to take tokens. Use of tokens on a coin-operated machine can only be considered theft if the machine is not intended to accept tokens.

scott said:
I just didn't have the foresight
You should be using a secure token instead of trying to go the cheap route when it comes to a $7 value. It's not a huge expense to convert.

scott

Reaction score
There are many other tokens out there that match the Chuck E. Cheese ones. A "theft of services" letter won't help legally because your equipment is set up and labeled to take tokens. Use of tokens on a coin-operated machine can only be considered theft if the machine is not intended to accept tokens.

You should be using a secure token instead of trying to go the cheap route when it comes to a $7 value. It's not a huge expense to convert.
thanks for the advice, mep.:)

davidblumenfeld

Token Guy
Reaction score
Scott,

Our Van Brook of Lexington Division has high security tokens that are recommended for $7 values and will work with most electronic coin mechs. Try Dottie Hopkins @ (800)553-3134

Also, IDX Inc has a line of X-Mark tokens which when used with IDX's X-10 style Xeptors give super security as well.

David