What's new

Token Notes for Unitec

BillClinton

Reaction score
Do any of you use the "Token Notes" in your Unitec entry systems? If so, what are the results? I understand that they can be used for marketing/promotions, but I don't know specifically how. I think you can make them either coupons for a discouted wash (example $1 off) or a coupon for a free wash. Any advice would be appreciated. I think they are around $250 for 500 token notes.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use both the old style A & C coupons. You can program various coupon values in your wash select programming. I use one for 5.00 off any wash package. The oil change next door was purchasing these and giving them to their customers when they got their oil changed, but that program was discontinued. The C coupon I made good for a free ultimate wash, a ten dollar value. I use both regularly.

A local small printing shop can make these a lot cheaper. They have to make two runs, one for magnetic ink and another for non-magnetic. You could customize them with your name and directions. If you order several thousand they will be MUCH cheaper than .50 each, more like .10 I bet.

Randy

Reaction score
Token notes are a registered trade mark of Hamilton mfg. What make/model validator are you using in your Unitec ACW? Now all validators are ability of accepting discount Coupons.

DavidM

Reaction score
We use them at our locations. Unitec calls them "VIP Wash Coupons" They have a version for both Coinco and Mars acceptors.
We used to program one style for a $2.00 discount to give out to people in the community to encourage them to try our wash.
We had a second style that was worth $8, allowing our customer to choose any of our washes for free. We used these for promos, refunds, etc.
We now only give away the free ones. The $2 off wasn't enough to bring people in.

Call Unitec, they can explain exactly how they work. Unitec also has a Marketing your Car Wash book that explains how they can be used.
They work well for charity wash sales too.

David

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
We use them at our locations. Unitec calls them "VIP Wash Coupons" They have a version for both Coinco and Mars acceptors.
We used to program one style for a $2.00 discount to give out to people in the community to encourage them to try our wash.
We had a second style that was worth $8, allowing our customer to choose any of our washes for free. We used these for promos, refunds, etc.
We now only give away the free ones. The $2 off wasn't enough to bring people in.

Call Unitec, they can explain exactly how they work. Unitec also has a Marketing your Car Wash book that explains how they can be used.
They work well for charity wash sales too.

David
We do a similar thing with them. You can use red ink only on the back of them. I run them thru an inkjet printer using red ink and have "customized" the back with it's value, our location, etc.