What's new

To Weep or Not to Weep

Roz

Reaction score
Your pic is a good reason to order the razor with the cold weather package. But when temps are in the single digits there is not much you can do but close the doors until temps rise even with the cold weather package.

Randy

Reaction score
I think you might have some equipment damage that could have been prevented. With no doors and very few days that its get really freezing cold here we had tarps made that we use to hang over/cover the entrances of the automatics and then we put a torpedo heater in the bay, keeps everything nice and warm. When it warms up we take down the traps and put the heater away and we back in business.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Thanx for the info. We'll see how things look when everything thaws out by Monday. Will have to look into those torpedo heaters.

traveler17

Reaction score
Thanx for the info. We'll see how things look when everything thaws out by Monday. Will have to look into those torpedo heaters.
Torpedo heaters work great but they burn the propane fast, even on low. Patio heaters are the 💩 and they last. Went to one wash this morning, huge un insulated ER. 10 degrees outside , room was 50. Highly recommend, I’ve tried it all

Randy

Reaction score
Torpedo heaters work great but they burn the propane fast, even on low. Patio heaters are the 💩 and they last. Went to one wash this morning, huge un insulated ER. 10 degrees outside , room was 50. Highly recommend, I’ve tried it all
Traveler your right about the propane torpedo heaters using a lot of propane. We use diesel torpedo heaters. The last one we got at Tractor Supply.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I'm in TX as well. With these temps I learned it's not worth it. Close the the ss and ibas down. Ss I pulled the Hp guns so as to have zero restrictions on the weep and let it run onto the floor.

My iba (ryko softgloss) I shut the water off and purged the lines. No weep system can handle this cold weather. I also don't have any doors or covers on my entry or exit. I'm looking into them now to help prevent freeze up.

Randy

Reaction score
Just FYI, the Razor survived like a champ and after all that ice melted off it and temps got above freezing on Monday, we started it up and 71 cars went through it.
You really lucked out on that freeze up. They should start calling you Mr. Lucky. Next time you might not be so lucky. Freeze ups and Ice are not your best friend.

Blanco

Reaction score
Just FYI, the Razor survived like a champ and after all that ice melted off it and temps got above freezing on Monday, we started it up and 71 cars went through it.
That little ice is not going to do anything. You got nothing to worry about even if it happens again.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
That little ice is not going to do anything. You got nothing to worry about even if it happens again.
Thank you. That's basically what my WW tech said -- "Those Razors are a real workhorse." The Profile suffered a bit of damage with some broken hoses and small fixture leaks, but we got off easy this time as compared to the last Arctic freeze here we had in Feb. of 2021 where it lasted about a week and did approx. $5,500 in damage to the machines and pipes around the site.