What's new

To much time on hand

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Have been thinking about adding a token dispenser to my Wash Selects, to offer customers of my best wash a free token that can be used in the vac.
Has anyone done this or know where I can purchase a unit to dispense token and be interfaced with the wash selects.
At present my vac. are quarters only but I can change them to accept coins and tokens.So far Coleman is the only place I can find that offers a token dispenser. I am not crazy about going to them even if I do have their eq.

The thought is the results of a new express $3.00 wash / free vac. about 1 1/2 mile from me.Appears to be all Sonny's eq.

any thoughts would be helpful.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have not seen this done, but you would need to feed the wash signal (4 for the top wash) to a PLC that would signal to dispense a toke from a separate hopper.

BigLeo

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,
You are probably right about the PLC, I was hoping I could come up with something simpler to work.
I understand Coleman has a system but the price is high in my opinion and I do not want to get more into them if I can help, I am not negative on Coleman products I would like to find something I could control and repair myself without going back them for parts.

MEP001

Reaction score
You could hang an electronic drop-shelf vendor next to the cashier and use a PLC or similar multi-function relay to control it. The Siemens Logo! relays I use can accept 12 or 24 volts, AC or DC, and should work with the signals that also arm the various wash levels. Cost would be around $600, with the only obvious downfall being that it can only hold 24 tokens.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
If all you are doing is dropping one token, then a simple relay should work, if you need more then a smart relay or PLC would be needed. I happen to have a hopper that I don't need any longer. .984 tokens or quarters.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've got two of Coleman's token dispensers in my basement. I was going to install them at my wash but ultimately decided against it. Yes, they appear to be PLC controlled, you just tie the autocashier function selection into the machine. if you could find the stainless steel box I'm sure you could build one for less but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble. A couple of years ago Hamilton built a few free vac token dispensers, but I think they have discontinued them.

Etowah