What's new

to much rain!!!

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck with that!

Just the opposite here in Northeast. Had a great weekend followed by a nice couple days to start the week here.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Atlanta is a mess today. My daughter's plant flooded and she and her kids may not make it home tonight due to road closures. More rain predicted for tonight and tomorrow. One minute we are in a drought and now we are flooded. Must be a middle ground some where. Like a guy once said, "I won't say it is raining too hard but the animals are starting to pair up".

captain cw

Reaction score
Amen! It has been raining for the last two weeks here in Arkansas. We had the flooding last week.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Looks like the rains have just hovered over the south for quite some time. Over 10 days of nice weather here in the KC area. Raining today, which is what I ordered from the weather gods last night, to dirty up all the clean cars. Supposed to clear out tomorrow.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Here we have had rain 16 out of the last 21 days. Today was only partly cloudy...maybe it's a start.

Randy

Reaction score
The weather here in the Pacific Northwest is absolutely beautiful, suppose to be 85 today and the car washes are like the Old Soldier?s Home on Sunday morning, not any activity. I don?t know if it?s the economy or the good weather. We are down this month about 35%.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
One of my lawyers use to say "there are no water problems in this country, only a distribution problems".

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
I hear parts of I-75 are shut down near Atlanta today because they are underwater. Look on the bright side, when the rain does go away, everyone will have a dirty car!

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
At one time all the major highways in the area were closed in some areas. Major street flooding made traffic a mess last night. Took my daughter almost three hours to get home from work when the normal trip would be about 20 minutes.

Most of the roads are open today. A lot of flooded neighborhoods are still not accessible. No rain today. They are still predicting scattered showers. Many vehicles are under water. The death count is up to 8. This should definitely end drought conditions. The Governor has declared many counties in the Atlanta area disaster areas. People that have lived here for over 50 years or more say they have never seen flooding like this. No one saw this coming. My heart goes out to those who lost almost everything in flooding.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I checked a local weather station at weatherunderground.com and we have had measurable precipitation 18 of the past 22 days. For the most part it hasn't been deluges, it's been cloudy skies with sprinkles or light rain. 50% plus chances of rain most days just keeps the washers away. The weatherman here says we will start to clear up on Monday. Let's hope so; collecting cans out of the garbage is looking pretty tempting right now.

Reds

Reaction score
We have been lucky in N.E. Pa - Sept. only 8 days with a trace or more of precipitation. 11 clear days, 10 partly cloudy days, 2 cloudy days. But up until now it's been wet for the last year. Water table is way up, springs flowing even in August. This is the first year since 1994 that my pond spilled water all year. Local farmers had a tough time getting their hay in this year due to rain and wet fields.

Reds

Reaction score
Snowed Monday and Tuesday in Colorado. Turned on my weep,freezing in the bays.
What part of Co. are you in? I'm going hunting near Creede in about a week. I have been wondering if there is snow on the ground.

Plow Guy

Reaction score
The forest is quieter now.

Fairplay is 36 miles south of Frisco. Frisco is on I 70.We are at 9998 Ft. The snow is wet, below timberline, in the open, is has melted. Nights are getting down to 25*, Days 45 to55*. Good luck with your Hunt. Pete.