What's new

tired of garbage

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
A few times I have had a buttload of old paperwork type stuff dumped on me. I've taken about an inch thick stack of it (trying to make it as heavy as possible) and stuffed it into a big manila envelope. I then tape an address label cut out of a piece of the stuff, to the front. I then drop it in a mailbox with no return address. I do this with the hope that it will go to them "Postage due", or at least get them called to the P.O. to pick up their package.

99Roadking

Reaction score
Here is a good one...I have watched this woman for the better part of five years (i have never been there when she was)empty her car out and fill an empty can to the top. Finally a couple weeks back I looked at the cameras and there IT was. She normally takes 10-15 minutes as she gets in no hurry. She got done and I waited to see if she was going to pull forward and maybe stop in a bay to wash(which I knew she wasn't) or back out to leave. She started backing out and I stepped out of another bay and asked her if she was going to wash or vacuum to which she replied. "Not today as I dont have any change" and then she said" I normally wash and vacuum and I replied "NEVER not once have I ever seen you do either" Here come the good part, she told me "I dont like your attitude" and I giggled and told her I didn't give a rats ass what she liked or didn't. Then she told the truth and said "I normally go to "Auto Bell to get it washed" I said well good you can start getting them to clean the filth out of your car because I've got your tag number and if you come back on this property you are considered trespassing and I will have you arrested. Then she showed me that her car would smoke the tires getting out of my parking lot and I haven't seen her since.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the other day I removed a can from our truck bay and put it in another area just a short distance away. Yesterday morning I found a pile of trash in the corner and another pile on top of the coin box. I hear you on this being the biggest pain. We once had a van come and went to every can and filled it with bags and piled bags on top. Never spent a dime with us. I always threaten (to my wife) that I'll take the bag they "forgot" and leave it on their front lawn. But I haven't yet....
I have returned it many times

Rodebaugh1

Reaction score
I have also considered returning their missing items, with the address all over the papers inside the trash bag it was tempting. I decided to contact the police and let them handle it instead. (Hopefully they did) I have no trash cans at my wash but see the benefit of having them, particularly at the vacuums. I have been open 5 months and have picked up quite a bit of “vehicular trash” cups, plates, fast food bags etc. Normal trash from a normal person cleaning out their vehicle, not the crazies that need to police to get involved. Any one have success with no trash cans long term even at the vacumms? I have also received a google review asking for trash cans... I am thinking I should get a few trash cans but I don't want to become the local landfill.
Like most carwashes, I also deal with people who think I run a trash disposal site. For the worst offenders, I post a short clip or picture to our Facebook Page titled "Disrespectful Person of the Day". It's made a lot of people mad and supplied laughter to others. They practically always get ratted out by one of their friends. I've lost a few customers doing this but no good customers and over time, its has cut some of it out.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've lost a few customers doing this but no good customers and over time, its has cut some of it out.
I would be happy to lose the customers that either make the worst messes or who support the ones that do.

kdersch

Reaction score
Other than the vacuum islands, does anyone have cans in the SS bays (think small wall mounted cans)? Are these better suited for strategically places 55-gallon type cans that restrict what can be placed in them?

sparkey

Reaction score
Like most carwashes, I also deal with people who think I run a trash disposal site. For the worst offenders, I post a short clip or picture to our Facebook Page titled "Disrespectful Person of the Day". It's made a lot of people mad and supplied laughter to others. They practically always get ratted out by one of their friends. I've lost a few customers doing this but no good customers and over time, its has cut some of it out.
I always thought about doing that. Scum bag of the day, or entitled person of the day sounds good.

traveler17

Reaction score
Funny this thread opening up again. Today was the last straw for me. Over the years I would either return the bags to their front yard or have the police tell them to come pick it up or recieve a $350 public dumping fine. After this asshat left a huge bag of funky seafood I found out today it’s a misdemeanor and an arrestable offense. Charges were filed, I’m done and hope he and the rest of the futures get everything they deserve !!!