What's new

Tire Shiner under dryer

Keithavm

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with placing a Motor City Tire Shiner partially under a dryer? I have a location that wants to add one but about 3' of it would need to be under the dryer. Do you have any problems with either the chemical application or the Tire Shiner operation itself?

Eric H

Reaction score
Not quite an answer to your question but:
Belanger's tire shine unit was shown at ICA partially under a blower. I asked about it and the salesperson said they have done it without any problems. The most important words in that last sentence are "SALESPERSON SAID"!
What kind of blower are you using? IMO, Protovest would be a good choice to use here.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Not quite an answer to your question but:
Belanger's tire shine unit was shown at ICA partially under a blower. I asked about it and the salesperson said they have done it without any problems. The most important words in that last sentence are "SALESPERSON SAID"!
What kind of blower are you using? IMO, Protovest would be a good choice to use here.
I have viper shine units very close or partialy under the dryer. Now, the issue is not so much how it's under since dependingon how your nozzls are angled partly under toward the exit may be far different than partly under near the entrance.

You need to get down to the level of the applicator while the tire is there to see how the air flows, which is far different than how it flows at that level when no car is present.

With the Belanger unit I understand that it is programmable so that the greater the frequencey of use the less product that is applied to the pads. The air flow may affect how much stays on the pads so the programming might have to be adjusted.

Keithavm

Reaction score
I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum-I should have put it under in-bay automatics. The site has a thrustpro dryer. Ironically, I was surfing through the forums here and found a link to a video on YouTube that shows the Motor City tire shiner operational directly under this exact dryer. So I suppose putting it only about 3' under will work just fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried this configuration and how it worked out for them. This is a great place to go to get honest advice on long-term affects. Thanks for all of your advice-all of it's very helpful!

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Mini-tunnel in Kansas with Motor City tire shiner placed directly under rinsing arches and exposed to direct air flow from 75 hp dryer system. No discernable effect on application or finished product.

robblackburn

Reaction score
Tire shine under dryer

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum-I should have put it under in-bay automatics. The site has a thrustpro dryer. Ironically, I was surfing through the forums here and found a link to a video on YouTube that shows the Motor City tire shiner operational directly under this exact dryer. So I suppose putting it only about 3' under will work just fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried this configuration and how it worked out for them. This is a great place to go to get honest advice on long-term affects. Thanks for all of your advice-all of it's very helpful!
I have a tire shine unit that is directly under my Ryko Thrust Pro dryer. There are no problems because of the dryer. Just the normal challenges with the tire shine in a IBA installation. I am using a Hanna tire shine.

teamplex65

Reaction score
I have thought about this idea as well. It seems like the only feature left to add to an in-bay automatic (at this time). I have always wondered how it would do being installed under the dryer, if it would throw the prduct around the bay and some would get on your car.

Having no experience with a tire shiner at all, i have wondered how the wheels usually come out looking since the brushes always appear to be applying the product to the outer 2 or 3" of the wheels. Are they slimy when you exit, do they attract more dust and dirt if you dont get out an wipe them down after exiting?

captain cw

Reaction score
Done it a number of times myself. No big deal. Works fine. Especially the motor city unit.

Keithavm

Reaction score
I have some, but not a lot of experience with tire shiners. I've been doing a whole lot of reading lately about people who are using them though. I'd say Captain CW is 100% right. I've only heard good things about the Motor City applicator.

Etowah