What's new

Tire shine machine in iba?

Reaction score
Does anyone have tire shine installed in their in bay automatic? If so how does it work and do people run into all the time?

Thanks

slash007

Reaction score
I have the Belanger version designed for IBA in mine and love them. They get tons of use and very few issues. I have had a few people run into them, but have been able to make their insurance pay for the damage every single time so far.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have the Belanger version designed for IBA in mine and love them. They get tons of use and very few issues. I have had a few people run into them, but have been able to make their insurance pay for the damage every single time so far.
How many times has that happened? Once every 100 uses...1000 uses....10,000 uses?
How much to fix it each time?
Did you have cameras proving responsibility?

slash007

Reaction score
In about 3 years, maybe 4-5 times total. I do have cameras watching my exit doors that catch the tire shiners, and then a HD camera at the entrance that catches the license plate. It's annoying as I have to call the police and file a hit and run each time and it takes 2 weeks to get the insurance information, but so far so good. Repairs vary, but usually it's not too bad. Once I had to replace the rod the foam pads sit on, but otherwise twice it was one of the arms that extend using air that got bent and had to be replaced. Sometimes it's just a fitting.

soonermajic

Reaction score
About how much was that system, & who put it in?
Will it fit in Touchless IBA ( like LW4000 & Ryko OHD, which neither have anything on the floor) ?
How much do you charge & is it on just the top pkg?

slash007

Reaction score
I bought two sets of them used for around 12k. Original they cost around 15k each new. I had someone I know install them. I have one on as soft gloss and another on my OHD. It's included on the top wash for $3 extra, or I have it available as an add on to any wash for $3.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but, how much longer does your bay have to be? Do you have on-board dryers? This is very intriguing to me. Almost makes it like a mini-tunnel...

slash007

Reaction score
No worries, glad to help. You do have to have long bays, not sure exactly the minimum extra after the IBA, but I think around 13'. I can measure next time I'm there and find out. My bays were pretty long and just barely fit. I do have separate dryers, not on board and have the TS tied to them so that they kick on when the dryers do if the TS was purchased.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I have seen Earl mention his viper tire shiner and wonder if this spray on applicator would be a good fit for a touchless iba. The unit looks good.

SLEDGE

Reaction score
slash007 Do you have any pictures of tire sine on your ryko ohd. We have two OHD and are interested in maybe adding tire shine to our locations.

SLEDGE

Reaction score
Looks good !! Not sure if we have that much space to work with. I will be checking on the minimum amount of footage required.

Thank you so much !!

carwashireland

Reaction score
That is a nice wash from motor city. How long is the bay and what kind of cph can you get?

Last edited:

MGSMN

Reaction score
The wash in the picture is not mine. It is a four bay, IBA located in Eastern Iowa. I do perform maintenance at the location. The wash equipment is Ryko but the tire shiner is made by Motor City. In 4+ years of operation the only part I have replaced on any of the four tire shiners at this location was the tape switch. The bays are 60'L x 16'W.

Another picture of the tire shiners in a touch free bay.

SLEDGE

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Earl has the viper shine or the durashine set up with the foam applicator ?