What's new

Tire shine machine help

chewy007

Reaction score
I have been told by my chemical suppler that the new tier seal machine form Sonnys is as good if not better than the new MacNeil tier shiner. and is much better to get part and is 5k less then MacNeil. He does not sell equipment just works on chemical applications with all types of equipment.

DavidM

Reaction score
How is it better? What makes it do a better job? I have visited a couple washes with Macneil's machine and thought it did a good job. I would like to compare it to Sonny's.

David

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The Sonny's machine specs out at $12,000 for the machine and panel. Don't know if this includes the hydraulic power pack or it's extra. Can you install yourself?

Viper costs $4000 and it's self install vierualy maintenance free and all fungible parts are off the shelf easy replacement. (Floor switch and solenoid valves.)

Let's say this saves you 40 cents an application 40 cents per application.

At 20,000 applications you break even not factoring what needs replacement on the tire seal machine after that many applications.

Perhaps worth it for a high volume sales location.

my2cents

Reaction score
FWIW: PECO tire Brite is $8,995.00 (hydraulics extra), Hyd. Solenoid is $145.00 to mount to your 10hp power pack. Framework is more industrial and stronger than aluminum and mounting hardware is stainless steel including lags. These tire shiners get a lot of abuse - just sayn.

anyusufaly

Yusufaly
Reaction score
I have had the Macneil Gloss Boss for the past 7 months and I am pretty happy with it. It has the same rotating brush that Sonny's has come out with, but we have it on electric drive. We are using Black Magic tire dressing with it and have it dialed in to about 0.83 ounces per car. So my current cost per application is about $0.10 per. We are on track to have about 30,000 applications per year.
I looked at all of the different options for tire shine applicators and wasn't impressed with the majority of them, especially the foam ones since the amount of chemical put out is a lot and there is a lot of wastage.
So far, with the Macneil, we have had no maintenance issues (I know, it's still new). It is also very easy to control the amount of chemical dispensed.

newtunnel

Reaction score
Sold my Belanger unit for $9,000. I now hand apply tire shine (CSI tire jelly) cost (labor $0) (product .02) per car. No tire sling and my customers love it!!!

dewey9876

I CLN CAZ
Reaction score
I went to the show in Vegas, and looked at all the tire shine machine options. I also talked to quite a few people. For every positive I heard about a particular machine I also heard negative. Consensus is nothing is perfect. I decided to go with the Motor City unit. With no Hyd or Electric it makes install much easier. I like the pads on this machine as well compared to the foam pads, they claim a 200,000 car life span on these pads. Time will tell, I have heard good things, looks like a well built machine.

dewey9876

I CLN CAZ
Reaction score
update: I installed the Motor City Wash Works Tire shine machine on July 1st. So far I am very pleased. I went with the MCWW machine due to a 2 factors. Ease of installation - no electric or Hydraulics in tunnel, Cloth pads - I have only heard bad things about foam pads. I have found very little to no residue on floors- I am assuming it is in the pad or on tires. Most tires come out great. Yes very large truck tires might not have perfect coverage and the rubber band tires on big rims sometimes have dressing on the rims. I am using Qual Chem tire dressing and it is costing me .37/car. I do get some fling but that is par for the course from what I can gather. I am thinking about lowering the amount of chemical to reduce the fling but I don't want to hurt the performance.
So far so good- nice machine- customers love the service-

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I have the Motor City Tire Gloss machine in one of my washes.

In my market here in CA, we have a ton of european cars/sports cars and all have very low profile tires. No matter what we tried, some product always got onto the wheels, and my customers are picky. They did not like that.

It was hurting my top pkg sales, so I took it off the menu. If anybody wants it for a good price, let me know.