What's new

Tire shine.... Is it worth adding?

carwashireland

Reaction score
I have some customers I am working with to build some small conveyors (80ft). They are not sure about adding a Tire shine at the end as in our market nobody has fitted them. So, is it a hassle or worth the 20k fee and extra conveyor space?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I m one of the few out there using Viper Shine units. (i have 4) Up front cost and maintenance substantially less than other units. Cost per application is greater.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Back to the OP. I don't sell many A La Carte but it is a way to boost marketability of the top package.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
It's the most high-maintenance piece of equipment in the tunnel. Some call it a necessary evil. Personally, I took mine out of my tunnels because it was doing more harm than good to my reputation.

It did ok on "regular" size tires, but couldn't dress the entire side of a large truck tire, and globbed product all over the wheels of cars with low-profile tires.

I don't miss it, and I never hear a customer ask about it either.

MC3033

Reaction score
I would argue that an express tire shine application is better then a hand applied application from your average flex serve hand applied. Low profile tires and oversized tires are never perfect but I’ve seen extremely limited complaints. As long as you pick the right unit (I recommend Sonnys or motor city) the r&m is very light. The only issue is if someone goes off rails and runs over the passenger tire shine (which is rare and pretty hard to do).

You can tuck the tire shine under the blowers. It’s not ideal but if you tune it in right you won’t have a huge issue. The question of spending $20k is a simple ROI calculation. People love tire shine

MEP001

Reaction score
Isn't Illinois in the USA?