What's new

Tire Foam in a glass front vendor

MEP001

Reaction score
Has anyone put Armor All Tire Foam 4-oz. cans in a glass front vendor? Someone asked me if the cans will get hot and burst if the sun shines into the front.

washnvac

Reaction score
Yes. I have had it in there for years. No issues. I just recently tinted all my glass fronts to help with the heat; and added led lights. But I have had it in there for over 5 years. It sells pretty well. I am at $3 on it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I did think to go to Kleen-Rite's site and found a document saying it shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight or get over 122°. I'll recommend tinting the window and putting a thermometer inside on a hot day first.

chaz

Reaction score
My vendor is hit with direct sunlight....never even crossed my mind that this could be an issue. Not a huge seller at $3, but I set a record and sold three cans in one day just this past weeekend.

I sell a ton of the Black Jack sponges at $1.50. Tires look like new say ny customers

Jeff_L

Reaction score
No issues here either. One vendor faces north and the other faces west.

MEP001

Reaction score
I gave the info to the guy who asked me, and he said on the hottest days it gets so hot inside he can't touch the metal without getting burned. He doesn't want to risk having a can burst.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Perhaps he should cut some vent hole on top and bottom, install a fan on the bottom to create the airflow through the vendor.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
My vendor faces south, it got so hot in there that the products were definitely being effected - sponge packs swelling, glued blister-packs opening, rapid fading (vent sticks come to mind). I had to put an awning over it, otherwise I dont think it would have worked out for me.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I just installed a glass front vendor never thought of the heat issues guess I'm going to watch it close.
I bought the tire foam vending machine and sell it for $2.00 ea. They sell good. I'm not sure I have any R.O.I. yet due to the cost of the machine. It fits well at my building and my glass front is full of other options.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
Has anyone put Armor All Tire Foam 4-oz. cans in a glass front vendor? Someone asked me if the cans will get hot and burst if the sun shines into the front.
My glass vendor faces west. I have the afternoon sun and have never had that problem. I have this item in there for 10 years.

Sells well sporadically I guess because I offer tire shine as a service at my conveyor wash.

Hope that helps!

MEP001

Reaction score
His vendor faces south, and since we're in Texas it gets hot in the shade.

HCW

Reaction score
since we've owned our car wash, we had to deal with the drop shelf vendors they're old and worn out. A week ago, I purchased a used pop machine and a Rowe vendor. I know the vendor is for indoor and for snacks but that's all I can afford for now. i can't get the smelly trees to work right, somehow they get off track and you'll either get one, none, or two. Any recommendation?