What's new

Tire cleaner replacement

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Our tire cleaner doesn't get used much us there another option that would sell better? We have tire cleaner, soap,wax brush,spot free, rinse

OurTown

Reaction score
What tire cleaner chemical are you using and how strong are you running it?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Also how is it delivered? Through the HP gun or seperate foam gun?

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
What tire cleaner chemical are you using and how strong are you running it?
Warsaw whitewall cleaner. Don't remember off the top of my head on the strength but It seems to work good just not getting much use

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
How long does it take for the customer to see tire cleaner at the wand?
If it takes too long customers may think it's not functioning properly...and move on to another selection.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I use Warsaw 554 presoak....When I bought my wash, it was delivered the same way as you, with a Flojet through the HP wand...At 60psi set on the flojet, it barely pisses out of the gun because of the small size nozzle! People see that as not getting much value, so they don't use it...A few years after owning the wash, at cantbreak80's suggestion, I put the PS on the same foam gun as Tripple Foam...That made 100% difference in delivery and usage using the same Presoak...Foam guns have a lot larger nozzles and have a lot less restriction, so you get more flow using a flojet, which I still use. So for me, its not whether the PS works, its how its delivered....Maybe if you are set on delivering with the HP wand, try using a procon pump and get pressure up to about 150 psi...You might see better results with usage.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
How long does it take for the customer to see tire cleaner at the wand?
If it takes too long customers may think it's not functioning properly...and move on to another selection.
You're up early this morning! LOL....I forgot all about the time it takes to reach the wand in my response! That WAS a long time ago, you know! :cool:

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Foam guns have a lot larger nozzles and have a lot less restriction, so you get more flow using a flojet, which I still use. So for me, its not whether the PS works, its how its delivered....
And, this is what tire cleaner from a foam gun looks like...
with a FloJet @ 50PSI & Air @ 30PSI
Customers get product in less than 4 seconds.
IMG_1055.jpg

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I use Warsaw 554 presoak....When I bought my wash, it was delivered the same way as you, with a Flojet through the HP wand...At 60psi set on the flojet, it barely pisses out of the gun because of the small size nozzle! People see that as not getting much value, so they don't use it...A few years after owning the wash, at cantbreak80's suggestion, I put the PS on the same foam gun as Tripple Foam...That made 100% difference in delivery and usage using the same Presoak...Foam guns have a lot larger nozzles and have a lot less restriction, so you get more flow using a flojet, which I still use. So for me, its not whether the PS works, its how its delivered....Maybe if you are set on delivering with the HP wand, try using a procon pump and get pressure up to about 150 psi...You might see better results with usage.
Good point might try that it gets to the bay pretty quick and looks decent coming out of the wand but more pressure would deffinatly help

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
And, this is what tire cleaner from a foam gun looks like...
with a FloJet @ 50PSI & Air @ 30PSI
Customers get product in less than 4 seconds.
View attachment 10199

Looks great. I've been thinking about switching all the stuff off my HP pump and leaving on HP rinse and HP soap.

How did you plumb all you products to get the fastest delivery/change over?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Tire cleaner has always been a reasonably popular option at my wash. Good points about flow, but make sure the product is truly effective. Most SS tire cleaners look good at a strength way weaker than they will actually clean. You should see browning on a dirty tire and they should look nice and black when they dry. Most SS products you should be using should be at 10-20:1, or even stronger. Green dye and fragrance will help too.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
How did you plumb all you products to get the fastest delivery/change over?
1/4" poly from product and air solenoids to a manifold directly above the foam gun for each bay.
3/8" poly from the manifold to the foam gun boom or coupling.
IMG_2084.jpg

3/8" hose or curly hose from the boom/coupling to the foam gun.
IMG_1409.jpg

4040 Foam gun spray tip.

Cautionary note: If you're in a cold weather location, some method is needed to protect the exposed plumbing from freezing.

Keno

Reaction score
Having a green color and nice scent tire cleaner is very important. We always see traces of green when we go to the washes. We get pretty good usage on our tire cleaner. We are dispensing through the HP gun with a flojet at 75 psi. Hope to change to cantbreak80 LP system this year.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I guess this would be a good time to put an hour meter on things to get more accurate data

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
1/4" poly from product and air solenoids to a manifold directly above the foam gun for each bay.
3/8" poly from the manifold to the foam gun boom or coupling.
View attachment 10202

3/8" hose or curly hose from the boom/coupling to the foam gun.
View attachment 10203

4040 Foam gun spray tip.

Cautionary note: If you're in a cold weather location, some method is needed to protect the exposed plumbing from freezing.
Thanks of the explanation

Is the black piece(where di you get it?) just a manifold and the small white cylinder above the coiled hose the foam generator?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Is the black piece(where di you get it?) just a manifold and the small white cylinder above the coiled hose the foam generator?
Yes, it's just a manifold...Pisco PKG3/8-1/4 Unequal Triple Tee & PP3/8 Plug
One source

The cylinder is a foam generator. I assemble them from 2" PVC couplings, fittings, and plastic pot scrubbers. They're freeze protected so that's why they're exposed. No need to climb up on the roof, open the trough, etc...in the event of failure.