What's new

Tire brush?

Reaction score
Anyone here have dedicated tire brushes in their SS bays? I currently have tire cleaner running low pressure from the wand and have been contemplating adding a round nylon brush for the tire cleaner instead of, or possibly in addition to, the low pressure wand delivery. My tire cleaner foams well and I think with a generator on a brush, it would be a nice show. Any thoughts? Anyone seen or done this already?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've thought about doing it but probably won't unless I can come up with a way to keep people from using the brush for free.

Reaction score
I guess having it on the wand also as engine cleaner is a bad idea now that you mention that. Exclusively on the brush wouldn't be much different than the FB as far as using it for free goes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Anyone here have dedicated tire brushes in their SS bays? I currently have tire cleaner running low pressure from the wand and have been contemplating adding a round nylon brush for the tire cleaner instead of, or possibly in addition to, the low pressure wand delivery. My tire cleaner foams well and I think with a generator on a brush, it would be a nice show. Any thoughts? Anyone seen or done this already?
I believe "Hoffman" out east (NY?) does this. He has 5 booms in his bays. There is a you tube video out there.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've thought about doing it but probably won't unless I can come up with a way to keep people from using the brush for free.
Wobblehead is a deterrence (Not 100% prevention)

MEP001

Reaction score
I guess having it on the wand also as engine cleaner is a bad idea now that you mention that. Exclusively on the brush wouldn't be much different than the FB as far as using it for free goes.
I'd have both engine cleaner at the wand and tire brush to hopefully prevent people from scrubbing their engine with the tire brush.

If I wasn't sure people would leave things tangled and abuse what they view as a free brush, I'd definitely do a four or five boom setup. If someone sold a pulley system that could be mounted on the roof and had a solenoid to release it to be pulled down only when the function was selected and then recoil and lock when it's off or time runs out, that's what I'd install.

MEP001

Reaction score
I believe "Hoffman" out east (NY?) does this. He has 5 booms in his bays. There is a you tube video out there.
Unfortunately his video barely gives a glance at the boom setup. I'd like to see a longer video of someone going around with all the functions.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The setup I am considering would be 5 booms as well. More options equals more time used right?
If I was starting from scratch i would go with 5 booms. Typical HP selections, FB, Tire and wheel Brush, In bay Blower, and perhaps triple foam gun (Don't know how that works when it's really cold) or perhaps a compressed air line. with trigger gun. More toys = more time.

Reaction score
I am considering 10 functions. Stop, Presoak(TF Gun-boom 1), Tire brush(boom 2), HP soap(boom 3), FB(boom 4), rinse, HP wax, TF(again boom 1), Blow Dryer(boom 5), and Spot Free. I am already running 2 booms on one wall(TF and FB) and the HP boom at one location and tangling happens but is pretty minimal. I think people using brushes without the function turned on is a fact of life in the SS business and not worth a lot of effort to try to prevent as it doesn't happen very frequently at either of my washes.

Reaction score
Going to this setup would coincide with a price increase and adding Cryptopay in the count up mode as well.