What's new

Tip size for self serve

MEP001

Reaction score
Jeff L said:
The only thing I "think" I noticed was that the MEG tip seems to have more of it's power at each edge of the spray pattern. I know this for I use the edge to clean off hard stuff from the floor.
That's how they're made. MEG tips have a pattern that's a thick straight line, the same width all the way down. V-spray are more of an oval.

MEP001

Reaction score
rph9168 said:
The meg tip is supposed to be much more durable. The spray pattern or pressure really should not noticeably different.
They are more durable because they're made of hardened stainless steel. The spray pattern isn't very different visually, but it can be seen while cleaning a very dirty car. With a V-spray you can make a clean stripe that's cleaner in the center and less clean on the edges until it blends in with the dirt. With a MEG it would be evenly cleaned across the stripe.

You can feel the difference with your hand in the spray. With a MEG, 2 feet away and you'll just feel wet wind. 1 foot and you'll start to feel some stinging on your fingers. Six inches and it'll really start to hurt. With a V-spray you'll feel the stinging at 2 feet. You won't feel a difference in the kick from the gun with the same size tip between the two types.