What's new

Tip size for more soap

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
What size tips are yall using in your hydro to give out the best high pressure soap results?

mac

Reaction score
What size tips are yall using in your hydro to give out the best high pressure soap results?
Way too many variables to give a good answer. Mainly because soap manufacturers specify different dilution ratios. This can range from 100:1 up to 1000:1. Buy quality soap, mix with good water, and check that hidden screen where the hydro connects to the water supply. I got to the point of removing the screen and just used a rubber washer.

mac

Reaction score
Forgot to mention to pull the educator off so you can see the inside. Sometimes that would allow a rough coating to form. If so toss it.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Another variable is how much diluted soap from the hydrominder is being drawn/injected into the HP pump. I like 10oz a minute flow into the pump regulated with a flow meter. Increasing to 15oz a minute would make a huge difference with the same tip in the hydrominder. Understanding all the mechanics will help you dial in your specific system. This is why it's so difficult for anyone to help you with your question.

Randy

Reaction score
Like everyone has said there are to many variables to give you a good answer. What color tip are you using now? What kind of soap "Mfg." are you using? If your not happy with the amount of soap or the show you have out in the bay increase the tip size one size up and see if that doesn't give you the results your after. I have my soap set so it looks like spray paint coming out. The high pressure soap is mostly for show.