What's new

Timer shutting off at 1 min

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
I thought it was maybe my gin San timer in the room causing the error but I put a new one on and nothing

thought maybe it was shorting when the 30 second alarm was going on but not that either

I presume it’s the timer in the bay itself?
Any trouble shooting ideas for a newbie

MEP001

Reaction score
I thought it was maybe my gin San timer in the room causing the error but I put a new one on and nothing
What does that mean? Nothing works, or nothing changed?

The timer in the bay is a slave. It needs to be set at the same time as the one in the control cabinet, which it what actually controls the power.
The alarm is supposed to go off at 1 minute remaining and isn't adjustable, which means your timers aren't set the same.

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
My issue is this occasionally occurs. It’s not happening every single time. It runs normal for a while then doesn’t.

When it does not work properly it stops at 1 minute

MEP001

Reaction score
My issue is this occasionally occurs. It’s not happening every single time. It runs normal for a while then doesn’t.
It helps to supply that information in the initial post.

Have you checked to make sure the two timers are set to the same time?

Randy

Reaction score
I'd probably upgrade the timers to a Dixmor LED-6 timer and get rid of the Gin-san timers.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I'd probably upgrade the timers to a Dixmor LED-6 timer and get rid of the Gin-san timers.
If I understand the OP correctly, they don't have a choice. It sounds like they have a GS31 countdown display in the bay and those have been obsolete for a year.