What's new

Timer question

Etowah
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m going to be replacing the timer on my vacuum as it appears to have lost its programming, as when a coin or token triggers the coin switch, it just pulses the contactor And does not start timing The timer is original to the vacuum and considering it’s about 24 years old, At least the actual timer Well the vacuum was made in about 2003, The only caveat about the original timer is The vacuum has a emergency stop button, so I would need to try and find a timer with a cancel function that I can attach the leads to the emergency stop button Or when power is cut to The timer that it Cancels the credit applied on the timer this is mainly a European thing, but not all manufacturers use it

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you really need the cancel button?

What timer do you have now?

Reaction score
Do you really need the cancel button?

What timer do you have now?

Sorry I didn’t get back to you, at the moment It currently has the original timer, And I found out what the issue is, after testing the timer and the motor starter separately, both seem to work fine separately, but I have noticed that when you have the timer connected to the motor starter it seems like the 24v Supply Voltage dips enough to reset the timer And so prevents the timer from starting its cycle ,I’ll potentially try putting the 24 V Transformer closer to The input supply Or potentially putting it on a nearby supply, as at the moment it is on the energized side of the contactor right next to where the motor starting current could potentially drop the voltage enough for just a second that through the 24 V transformer, the timer would lose voltage And reset [in the same fashion house sometimes a motor starting can make And reset [in the same fashion house sometimes a motor starting can make some lights dim

MEP001

Reaction score
The transformer is most likely going bad. You would need a couple hundred feet of very small gauge wire on the low voltage side to cause a voltage drop.

Reaction score
ahhhh Okay, It appears to be putting out 24 V when the motor is not connected, but when it tries to start it looks like it’s dropping And probably quite significantly, I’ll have a bit more of a look at it later on Tuesday