What's new

Timemaster TM5J problem

Clintearl

Reaction score
My timemaster TM5J crapped out this weekend. It would take quarter but register no time. Then I unplugged it trying to reset it. Now it puts 99 minutes for every quarter. It will not do anything else. What to do?

Randy

Reaction score
Have you tried to reprogram it? If you have it still won?t work send it to B&C Electronics in Denver. http://bce-inc.com

I?ve been selling a lot Dixmor LED-5 Timers as replacements for the Timemaster Timer. The Dixmor timer is a much better Timer.

richwells

Reaction score
Give our Electronics shop a call at 800-922-1313 and we may be able to troubleshoot over the phone with you. Otherwise, send it in as we offer next day repair on Timemasters.

Rich Wells
Hi-Performance Wash Systems

bmills

Reaction score
Time Master Failure

I have had a number of Time Master timers over the years, and I have to agree with Randy that a better replacement is the Dixmore. However before you trash your Time Master it might be worth a little effort to resurrect it.

Remove it from the container box and scrub the circuit boards, with a strong bristled tooth brush, and then spray the entire board with contact cleaner. You might want to look at the boards for, "tracking", between solder joints before you scrub. Also look for corroded, or cold soldered joints. I've been able to resurrect a number of them in this fashion.

The Time Masters have actually served me well, but they seem to be too fragile in the tough service car wash enviornment.

Both the Dixmore and Time Master are from the Denver area. I believe that Morris from Dixmore developed the LED 5 specifically as a replacement for the Time Master, and in so doing he eliminated the weak points, brighter display, less fragile, more flexibility in coin acceptance and messaging, etc.

Good luck!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I used to have the timemaster and used to be able to repair them.. I was always resoldering the poorly mounted display. The timer also had a transistor that went out and either not start up or shut off. Also a few traces on the circuit board would burn, and we would use a bypass wire. The timemaster tech sold me the parts that failed the most. For what they do-- they and all timers are overpriced.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I have to agree with all of the posts above, also. I started with Timemaster in 2001 when my facility was built. They were used on my Original OEM equipment.

Within, two years, all bays (5) were converted to Dixmor's. Morris and Dixmor are excellent to work with and I totally support their efforts. I have never looked back.

I also converted all of my IDX's on my original equipment and Vacs to Secure Coin through Dixmor. All I can say is dropping the programs on the coin mechanisms is a non issue now.