What's new

time

JustClean

Reaction score
It is is really strange:

We charge $1 for 1:30 minutes (1.5 minutes)

According to the video surveillance the customer used the HP gun for =
exactly 7 minutes. She said she paid $4 which would have given her only =
6 minutes. Even if she lied about the money she could have never gotten =
7 minutes - either 6 minutes for $4 or 7minutes and 30 seconds for $5.
I checked there is no bonus time with the Dixmore time.

Also the Microcoin acceptor clicks sometimes when touching it.

Do you have an idea what that could be?

Reaction score
Could be a bad acceptor had a slug buster do that before, sometimes it would give extra pluses, talked to parker and replaced slug buster problem gone, sent old acceptor in for repair. I would give microcoin a call

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Is this a "happened once" situation, or is it repeatable?

Does the microcoin send pulses to the timer when you touch it? Or is it a mechanical click like something is loose?

My first thought was that I have customers who add their tokens but dont start washing right away. Watching how long they use the HP gun might not be a good indicator.

JustClean

Reaction score
Is this a "happened once" situation, or is it repeatable?

Does the microcoin send pulses to the timer when you touch it? Or is it a mechanical click like something is loose?

My first thought was that I have customers who add their tokens but dont start washing right away. Watching how long they use the HP gun might not be a good indicator.
Well, when I checked it the time was spot on. So it didn't do it to me. However, she is a regular customer and she had complained few weeks earlier that the bay would "cut her short" and asked if I decreased the time.

No, the microcoin doesn't send a pulse it just clicks. On the video she took the gun and then put the money in. So I could see water coming out straight away and I also could see when the gun stopped. Really weired. I might give Microcoin a call. On the other hand how can it be that the coin aceptor gives out 1/2 a pulse ???

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
It is is really strange:
Even if she lied about the money she could have never gotten =
7 minutes - either 6 minutes for $4 or 7minutes and 30 seconds for $5.
Why is this? Is your microcoin set up to only accept dollar coins? Couldn't she have put in $4.50 or $4.75 and just been wrong about what she thought she put in - (like most customers)? By the way, coin acceptors close a contact, so it either pulses, or it doesn't. BTW, Microcoins can accept dimes and nickels and pulse in quarter increments, but I doubt yours is set up that way. Another thing to think about is rejected coins that go unnoticed and picked up by the next customer.

JustClean

Reaction score
Why is this? Is your microcoin set up to only accept dollar coins? Couldn't she have put in $4.50 or $4.75 and just been wrong about what she thought she put in - (like most customers)? By the way, coin acceptors close a contact, so it either pulses, or it doesn't. BTW, Microcoins can accept dimes and nickels and pulse in quarter increments, but I doubt yours is set up that way. Another thing to think about is rejected coins that go unnoticed and picked up by the next customer.
No, it should only accepts dollar coins....but hey, that could be an idea. I think I will re-program the coin and see if it happens again. Thanks for this tip!