What's new

Time to replace guiderails

JIMT

Reaction score
Waxman,
If you are talking about the rails that run length wise to the bay to guide the tires of the car, that them out and don't replace them. After many years we removed our rails and there are much less problems. As soon as a customer front tire hit the rail they would turn into the rail.
JIMT

briteauto

Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I think he is talking about the ones that guide the left front tire onto the treadle plate.

Waxman, - if these are the rails you are replacing with the product you put in the link above, are you getting two per side? One set angled out at about a 45 degree angle to initially catch the tire, and the other set to run straight/parallel with the direction of the vehicle?

I am not sure what the configuration of the side track 700 is, in terms of floor equipment, but most iba's with a manual treadle have a wide initial opening.

Let us know how it works out if you go with them.

Mike

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I think he is talking about the ones that guide the left front tire onto the treadle plate.

Waxman, - if these are the rails you are replacing with the product you put in the link above, are you getting two per side? One set angled out at about a 45 degree angle to initially catch the tire, and the other set to run straight/parallel with the direction of the vehicle?

I am not sure what the configuration of the side track 700 is, in terms of floor equipment, but most iba's with a manual treadle have a wide initial opening.

Mike
Yes, I'd angle the set closest to entry and put the second 6' set parallel along treadle floor switch and narrow car floor switch.

Many customers have a problem lining up with the rails that 'trap' the vehicle's LF tire.

Red Baron

Reaction score

Mike
I always wondered why you couldn't set the rails/curbs more like a shoot to guide the car in. Yeah set the first ones at a 45 degree angle, but then have the next set gradually angle inward with each next curb angle some more until the car tires are "squeezed" to the right place on the tredle. Of course you'd have to make sure that at no point are the curbs wide enough that the gantry could hit ther car.

mac

Reaction score
I did two short tunnels with these. They are at a large car rental company where the drivers barely speak english. We used yellow and they work great. They replaced short crappy ones by N/S. Damage has gone down a lot I think because the drivers can see the yellow better than a small steel pipe.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ordered these (yellow) yesterday. Looking forward to the install/customer response!

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
If you can weld, you could make your own and buy a can of yellow paint.

MEP001

Reaction score
The two basic ideas to these yellow parking blocks are that they prevent tires riding up on them and they won't damage rims.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree. Here's the other idea; plastic won't rust!!!

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi Waxman,
please let us know how you go with the wheel stops. I am thinking of buying them too.
Cheers Justclean