What's new

This is the reason why...............

Randy

Reaction score
The attachment is the reason we no longer are installing validator in our Self-Serve bays or vacuums. They are to much of a target for the scum who come to the car washes. This is the 8th validator so far this year that's been destroyed. As they "fail" we block off the validator hole.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm sure someone on here will post a photo of a big pile of cash to counteract this and say "this is why we have them in our bays".;)

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Does that validator have the metal faceplate or plastic?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I'm sure someone on here will post a photo of a big pile of cash to counteract this and say "this is why we have them in our bays".;)
No pics, but... 90% of the bills I get are in the bay validators. More convenient for the customer, improved throughput on busy days, and I run promotions for a $5 or $10 bill in the bays. So yeah, "this is why I have them."
That said, I've had zero vandalism on them. If I had the same damage Randy does, they'd be gone in a flash.

MEP001

Reaction score
No pics, but... 90% of the bills I get are in the bay validators. More convenient for the customer, improved throughput on busy days, and I run promotions for a $5 or $10 bill in the bays. So yeah, "this is why I have them."
That said, I've had zero vandalism on them.
Same here - the slot in the door (10 gauge stainless) is barely big enough for the tip of the bill acceptor to fit through. Early versions exposed the entire front plastic that covers the board, and of course those were destroyed by break-ins since they could quickly pry through everything and reach into the stacker.

Neenar

Banned
Reaction score
I think you made the right decision. People do not appreciate what is.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Holy $hit Randy! That area of the country is turning into a cesspool

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
a high voltage wire running through a glass tube near the entrance to the validator would go a long way toward discouraging this behaviour. It would have to run a light bulb or something to justify its presence in the validator. break the glass get shocked on your aXX.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
That’s the reason I only accept credit cards at one of my locations. Tired of dealing with those types of people.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Teachers too.
somebody holler at me? Yeh, coaches, teachera got it tough, but not my school. We atill whip those kid's A$$E$!!! Hence, very few discipline problems!
I saw in NYciry the Police are enduring hell from the thugs, caaue rhey won't get backes up by the higher ups (including the mayor, who's running for President)!!!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
somebody holler at me? Yeh, coaches, teachera got it tough, but not my school. We atill whip those kid's A$$E$!!! Hence, very few discipline problems!
I saw in NYciry the Police are enduring hell from the thugs, caaue rhey won't get backes up by the higher ups (including the mayor, who's running for President)!!!
That's easy for you to say...

Overachiever

Reaction score
Here's what I woke up to this morning. Looks like they punched out the bill acceptor then pried the door up... FML

Attachments

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
They get backed up by police unions. This is shown by Daniel Pantaleo, who broke department policy deploying a rear naked choke that killed Eric Garner, is still employed and was never charged. Seems he got backed up pretty well.

Randy

Reaction score
Here's what I woke up to this morning. Looks like they punched out the bill acceptor then pried the door up... FML
I know exactly how they did that. If the technique were to get out you’d see a lot more if this.